Part 11

Jimin’s POV

God, why did this happened?

It was time for the compulsory team building camp I had to join as part of university's requirements for every student.

I had heard a lot of complaints from my classmates about it being held in the forest since the beginning of the semester, and boy, I did kind of agreed with them.

I guessed that we students were already bored by the classic campfire, bitten by mosquitoes, getting lost in the woods, and all the sleeping in tents traditions, thus the lecturers in charge had agreed to change the usual plan and decided to let us sleep in a proper hotel this time.

But we were still close to nature since it was located far from the hustles and bustles of the city, where the view surrounding our hotel was filled with green views.

The activities will mostly be done in a public hall only a few meters away from hotel, and while everything looked great and acceptable to me, one thing had ruined my mood completely once I came to know about it.

My roommate was Jeon Jungkook.

Knowing that the change of roommate was prohibited since the sole purpose of this 'team building' camp was for us to mingle with students from different courses, I sighed at the thought of spending the nights being in the same room as my ex.

Out of everyone, why him?

Whyyyy?

Luckily Taehyung was just a few doors away, also joining the camp since he was in the same class as Jungkook.

As soon as I opened the door, I breathed out in relieved as there was no sign of the male yet. Placing my bag on one of the empty beds, I gulped when I heard the door being opened.

Never landing my eyes on the male, I heard Jungkook walked to his bed, and I tried to ignore his presence by focusing on unpacking my things for the rest of our stay.

Damn it, Jimin.

My stay, Jimin.

My stay.

Get used to it already.

No words were exchanged between us, and the awkward silence filled the room, making it almost unbearable for me. However, Jungkook soon left his bed, walking into the bathroom.

As soon as the door was closed and Jungkook gone from my sight, I peeked at his belongings and it seemed that he'd take a long time to unpack. And hearing water running from the shower, I guessed he decided to take a bath in there.

I better get out now.

Upon the decision, I finished up unpacking at the speed of light and ran out the room before Jungkook got out from the bathroom. Finally being able to breath after exiting the small compound, I walked through the hallway to the lift, texting Taehyung asking his whereabouts.

It was fairy early, and we had the free time to ourselves before the camp started officially tonight. Receiving reply from Taehyung saying that he's currently at the hotel lobby, I told him to wait for me as I took the lift.

"Taeeee," I whined as soon as I saw the owner of the boxy smile, dreading the event that just happened.

"Sorry, I'm not allowed to get my hands on the university's activities. If not, I'll get an earful from my dad," he lifted both of his hands in surrender, and I just chuckled at his behavior.

"I'm not going to ask you to do anything. It's just, awkward, I guess" I breathed out, accepting my fate for now.

"How do you feel?" Taehyung asked, taking my face in both his big hands and tilted it upwards for him to inspect. I laughed and swatted his hands away, hitting his arm to revenge him for squishing my cheeks earlier.

"Not sure if I'm totally over him, but I don't feel like crying so...I'm good, I guess?" shrugging my shoulder, I smiled at the taller boy and he replied with his boxy smile immediately.

"That's good to hear, but if you ever need me to be away from him, you know that I'm only one, ca~ll away," he sang the last of the sentence, making me laugh.

"Thanks, Tae" I thanked him genuinely, appreciating his support in helping me grow out of my feelings for Jungkook.

"Don't fret it. Now come, dear my friend. We have a tour to make," he announced excitedly, pulling me out the front door to start his planned tour around the town.
(a/n: stream Dear my friend by Agust D ft. Kim Jong Wan, people!)