Chapter Nine-I Have A Study Session

Mulai dari awal

I just felt the corner of my mouth tilt up a little, in my gentle humour.

Wow. A compliment from the one and only Lily Everett. I didn't know if I should ever hope to see the day. 

"Thank you, Lily," I replied. 

"Welcome," she said, with a shrug, before handing my sketchbook back to me. 

Her grey eyes seemed to have become a little warmer. 

"She's right. You are talented," Winona told me, then, with a kind smile. 

"Thank you, Win," I replied. 

"What's up, people?" X said, as they joined us. 

I stood up to gather them into a hug.  

"X! It's so good to see you again," I stated. 

X chuckled. 

"You saw me at breakfast yesterday, Selina. You feeling okay?" they asked. 

"Yeah. I'm just saying," I said, with a small smile. 

They smiled back. 

"Well, I'm glad to hear it. I missed you too, Sel," they stated. 

A gentle breeze made some of my hair move down my back, for a moment, and the chill in the air made me think that perhaps it would be time to start heading back inside soon enough. 

I didn't want to be a buzzkill, though, if the others were all enjoying their time outside. 

"We should go for a walk in Beechwood forest soon," X suggested. 

"I want to go there!" I said. 

"Awesome. We can do that, then," they agreed, "A full city tour is also necessary at some point, though." 

"Can I come with?" Lily chimed in, as she stood up, to move over to us. 

X turned to her and smiled, their eyes brightening a little in her pleasant surprise. 

"You can," X agreed. 

"Awesome!" Lily said energetically, "It will be so much fun!" she stated. 

I smirked towards her, and Lily tucked some hair behind her ear, as she caught my gaze. 

She cleared her throat. 

"What I mean to say is, of course, that sounds pretty chill," she stated, but she still had that glimmer of optimism evident in her eyes, that I wouldn't soon forget. 

It was sort of cute, actually, to see her light up like that. 

I didn't just think that. 

Winona turned to X, then, and gave a nod of her head. 

"I concur. It'll be fun," she stated. 

"It's settled then. Now, it's getting a little cold out here. We should probably start heading to class," X suggested. 

"I agree," Winona replied. 

"As do I," I said. 

After that, and a nod of agreement from Lily, too, we set off towards our classroom. 

It was only a few moments later, that we arrived at the classroom, and walked in to sit down. 

Once we were in the class, Mr Jones looked towards us all, with a smile upon his face. 

"It's nice to see you all here bright and early, girls, and non-binary pal, too," he stated, as he moved a hand through his dark brown hair, with a friendly expression present upon his face.