XXI • THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS

Start from the beginning

"May I take the day off to rip her head from her body?" Kaleb mentioned as a reference to his magic, which has to be kept secret amongst family only.

"Don't be ridiculous. Let's get back to work." Cami walks back to the bar.

****

Rooftop/Mikaelson Compound, French Quarter

Klaus is scaling the rooftops of various buildings in the Quarter when Elijah calls him from the compound, while Monique anxiously stands next to him.

The younger Original answers the phone call, "Yes, brother, what is it?" Although he seems to already know the reason behind the phone call.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." Jackson and Oliver, to be precise, who should be in the city a few hours ago from the bayou for them.

"Mmhm. They should be here hours ago. Hayley's getting impatient." Monique piped in, deeply concerned about the two determined werewolves. Where could they be? Something bad may have happened to them then.

Elijah quickly piped in once again to speak on, "We need to find them."

"Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghai'd."

"Hijacked? Now that's just great. How am I going to tell Hayley?" Monique spoke once again as she comes closer to her equally concerned lover; of course she's expecting this to happen to the two skeptical werewolves.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah asked him.

Klaus smiles in genuine amusement as he admitted, "It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution."

"Do enlighten us." Elijah casually asked his predictable brother.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose."

A genuinely tired sigh leaves Elijah in quick conclusion, "Marcel."

"Even better. We'll never see them again." Monique sarcastically hinted in a tired manner that the young exiled vampire has probably murdered the two werewolves already; how is she ever going to tell Hayley about that?

"Now now. Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit." From the rooftop above, Klaus looks down below and watches as Josh carries a duffel bag to his black SUV that is parked on the street; Josh opens the trunk to his car to put away his things, "And there it is." He hangs up and quickly jumps down behind Josh, which startles him, with a feigned friendly though cute smile, "Hello, Joshua."

Klaus grabs Josh and bites him deep in the neck before Josh can react.

****

Father Kieran O'Connell's Secret Apartment

Cami and Kaleb are at an unfamiliar apartment complex, whose address was the code inside Kieran's box, as the owner is taking them to his room.