Chapter 109: Open Up

Eridell

"Trevor, I am fine now. Don't hurt him too much." Aze croaked as he was seated on a wooden bench that didn't seem as broken and dirty than the rest, here in the central.

"He deserves it. This bastard betrayed us! He almost killed you and who knows what he planned to do to Eridell!" Trevor growled as he tried to punch Charlisle once again, but Zain blocked him with his arm; taking the blow for Charlisle.

"Enough. He is already tied up. He can't do anything anymore Trevor." Zain said in a dangerous tone as he shoves Trevor lightly that made the werewolf stagger.

I watched them from afar as I was sitting infront of one of the old stores. I didn't mind that my outfit was getting dirty by the dust and dirt, as my head was elsewhere.

Zero, was in the carriage as he was rummaging through some of our provisions for lunch. Charlisle was tied up in some rope that Zero had laced with his blood. A demon's blood was like wolfsbane for a werewolf. And angel's blood does the same for Demons. We all just set Charlisle under a old lamp post and thats where he was tied up, and well his face wasn't a good sight to be seen. His face was bruised up and his lips were busted from Trevor punching him occasionally, which lead to the situation right now.

Zain had been stopping Trevor for a while and kept watch of Trevor. Even if Zain was stopping Trevor, I can see it in his eyes that he also wanted to beat up Charlisle. I don't knwow hat gotten them to be both pissed. Trevor was close to them so I guess that's the reason for his anger, but Zain wasn't close to them so why be angered?

"So for lunch, we don't really have much guys..." Zero scratched his head and showed us the basket of cheese and bread. "We still have a few eggs and sausages so yea..."

"Me and Eridell don't need food. We can just have blood. We only eat nornal food to sustain the thirst for blood." Zain shook his head.

I grimaced as I really hated consuming blood, but the food was more needed by them so I can't be picky at all. I had blood packed up, as grandpa gotten me a bottle of 'the finest' blood. It's all the same thing anyway and I don't think anything is the better than the other.

"I agree, you guys have it to yourselves." I reassured them as I sounded neutral, from me trying too hard not to grimace and sound upset.

Zero looked at the two of us with wide scrutinizing eyes. "You sure? There is enough for everyone."

"Yes we are. We might just have to eat our 'meal' separately so we won't upset your appetites." I shrugged.

"Alright. I'll go prepare lunch then. Anyone have complaints?" Zero eyed the others.

"I don't have an appetite–"

"You're going to eat Aze." Zero cutted his lover off and turned to Trevor and the passed out Charlisle.

"Just sausage and bread for me. No eggs or cheese." Trevor grimaced as he seemed like he also had no strength to eat.

Zero seemed to have noticed the lack of appetite on everyone and he sighed. "No lunch then. No one wants to eat. Let's all starve to death, sounds good?" He said sarcastically, and that's the first time I heard him being sarcastic.

"Zero, we will eat. It's just not really the time? I mean... After what just happened." Aze grimaced as he looks at Zero.

"We need the strength that's why I think it's for the best for everyone to eat." Zero huffed.

The two started bicker for a while and it was Aze who won in the end. It was decided that those who wants to eat can eat and those who don't want to, don't have to. No one wanted to eat anyway, so Zero took the food back the food in the carriage.

Charlisle was silent the entire time as he just kept looking down. We needed to interrogate him and Trevor wanted to do it, but we all denied him and it was decided Zain and I would be the one to be asking the questions. Trevor was pissed at it, so Aze and Zero brought him inside the Carriage to keep him away from disturbing us.

"Zain, can I ask him first?" I asked him in a low voice as I glance over at Charlisle.

Zain looked at me and his eyes were disagreeing with me. "No, he might do something."

"Don't worry, he is tied up so he can't possibly hurt me." Zain frowned at me and I reached up, poking the crease on his eyebrows. "Stop frowning. You're going to look like an old man if you keep frowning."

He smacked my hand away lightly and rolled his eyes. "Fine, just don't get too near. I don't trust that guy."

I smiled a bit and nodded. "I will." I replied nonchalantly and headed to Charlisle.

I stopped five steps away from Charlisle and he didn't even look up. He just kept his head down silently. I crouched down, trying to see his face but his blond hair formed a curtain over his face that hid his face.

"Charlisle." I called him, and no response. "Charlisle come on, I need to ask some questions." I urged him.

He stayed completely still and I was growing annoyed, but I kept my patience in check. If he wasn't going to reply, then I might as well ask questions until he makes any type of reaction.

"Why did you have me taken?" I asked, and not response. "Did you plan to hurt me and the others? Along woth my brothers?" I asked and he still did not respond. "Had you been pretending this entire time with us?" And this time, his shoulders shook. "Did you know, we all treated you as our friend? Even family for some of us." I added as I decided to play on his emotions to get him to speak.

I glanced over at Zain and he was actually hovering behind me. He seemed to have taken notice of my plans and nodded at me, as if saying he'll get in on it too.

"Zero cried when he found out you gone missing apong with Eridell. They thought you died and were worried about you." Zain started. "Aze gotten into a fight with everyone, protecting your honor that you never betrayed us. But you actually betrayed us." By then, his shoulders were really shaking and his breathing gotten heavy as I can hear each and every breath he took.

"I also had a horrible time back at my father's place. If I didn't escape he might have done something to me." I shook my head as I faked a tremble on my voice and that seemed to be the finishing blow for Charlisle.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know. I was just doing what was right. It was all for the greater good. To end the archatypes... To have the realms connected again and for no more diversities." Charlisle sobbed as he just kept his head down. "I-I'm sorry. I will do everything you guys ask. I will answer whatever question you guys have for me." He added as his voice was ragged from his nonstop sobbed and tears. He sounded broken from what he heard from us.

Me and Zain shared a glance, and I saw how Zain's eyes brightened up. He was happy to get Charlisle to open up, but I actually felt bad we played with his emotions.

I just hope we didn't make a mistake for using that method to make Charlisle speak up...

****

Really short T~T