𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"soobin

"soobin.."

"soobin??"

"are you listening soobin?" you question as you wave your hands in front of his face and soobin looks around him and he realizes he's still at the cafe. you and yeonjun still sitting in front of him.

soobin's attention turns back to you and he can feel the tears in the back of his eyes when he realizes..

it wasn't real..

you hadn't chose him.

"what?" he says with almost no emotion and you sigh, "..i said" you take a deep breath.

you look into his eyes and you tell he's waiting to hear it. he wants you to tell him you love him and you choose him.

he's looking at you with a look he's never given you before. he wants you so bad and you can see it all.

but you can't satisfy his needs when your heart truly wants the boy sitting beside you.

you simply want soobin, your best friend to be happy. to find love and be at his best with that person. but unfortunately that person wasn't you.

"soobin i.." you stutter and can't form the words. you hated being in this situation. your best friends weren't around to help you tell him what you wanted to say. this was all you and you were scared.

"i... i like him a lot..." you pause. "i want to get to know yeonjun more..." you let out as you shut your eyes closed, scared to see his face drop.

he doesn't say a word and so you continue. "he's been hiding his feelings for a long time and i can't imagine how hard things must've been for him"

yeonjun looks at his best friend with a sad look on his face. he was happy to be with you, but he knew soobin was already hurt. it felt like they were parting ways because of this.

"we've been spending so much time together... and it's like we've missed so much from hating on each other after all these years.." you open you me eyes slowly "i've been unable to get rid of the feelings i have for him... and i don't want to.. because he does make me happy" you go on.

soobin sighs after you say those words. "ah.." is all he lets out of his mouth. he looks down slowly and you feel bad again.

you thought he'd say more. you wanted him to say more. anything! you wanted to know how he felt. was he mad? upset? happy?

you place your hands over soobin's hand, grabbing it, you swallowed thickly, "you know you mean so much to me... regardless"

soobin doesn't look at you in the eyes, he just tips his head back toward the ceiling, pinching his eyes closed in concentration and presses his lips hard.