TWENTY - FOUR;

After Eden left, Rhett continued laying on the couch with Dawn sleeping on top of him.

He stuck his free arm behind his own head, propping up. The television was still on but it was silenced so that Dawn could sleep. He turned his head, mindlessly watching the cartoon the channel was on. Eventually falling asleep because the house was quiet.

About 15 minutes later he slowly reopened his eyes, feeling Dawn's small frame still on him. He tilted his head to look at the small elf, a smile gracing his mouth seeing the peaceful sleeping expression.

He slowly held onto Dawn's waist as he gently sat up, cautiously so that Dawn didn't awaken. He stood to his feet, keeping Dawn on his waist as he grabbed his phone from the counter.

Slowly making his way back to the living room and sitting down with Dawn in his lap now. Dawn readjusted, nuzzling into his chest again.

Rhett wrapped an arm around Dawn resting his chin gently on the male's shoulder and bringing his phone up to him with his free hand.

Checking his work schedule he realized he had tomorrow off so he was able to relax a bit. Then checking the time he realized it was nearly lunchtime and Dawn hadn't eaten.

Eden and Hawke were still gone so he rubbed Dawn's back.

"Hey... Dawn wake up," Rhett said in a gentle voice.

Dawn whined, nuzzling deeper into Rhett, "c - c - comfy."

Rhett huffed, "No you don't...you can nap again after you eat little one." He got up, planting Dawn down onto his feet.

When Dawn jumped back onto his waist, he grunted and rolled his eyes. Starting to make that annoying throat click in attempt to annoy Dawn to the point of waking up.

"P - P - P - Pretty," Dawn mumbled, humming to the sound.

The tall hybrid male shook his head, now gripping Dawn's small waist.

"Can you atleast get on my back or somethin?" He asked, leaning his head to the side to look at Dawn.

Dawn whined, dropping down from Rhett's grip, before jumping on the male's back, latching onto his broad shoulders.

"Alright... now... what would you like to eat munchkin?" Rhett teased walking towards the fridge, holding onto Dawn's thighs so he didn't fall backwards.

"A - Apple juice." Dawn yawned.

"That's drink... but uhm it's a start..." Rhett said grabbing Dawn a glass and pouring him some juice. He sat the jug down then handed the glass over his shoulder to him.

Dawn quickly drank the juice, handing it back. "Wan' s - s - sandwich."

Rhett chuckled to himself, "peanut butter and jelly? Ham... turkey? Grilled cheese?" He asked washing his hands.

Dawn got off the male's back, "turkey." Dawn said, going over to the bar stool, laying his head down and closing his eyes.

Knowing he was probably annoying the absolute shit out of Dawn, but keeping his satisfied and happy was his number one priority at the moment.

After getting Dawn's request, Rhett cut the male's sandwich in half and then handed him the plate.

He frowned to himself before washing his hands again then refilled Dawn's glass of juice.

Dawn happily sat up, eating his sandwich, munching happily.

Rhett finally turned around, leaning back against the counter. Now watching Dawn, he folded his arms across his chest. Relieved he successfully fed Dawn, but what now?

Mindlessly, his tongue slipped in and out of his mouth repeatedly. Letting out a faint hiss.

Dawn had stopped eating, now watching the male's tongue, "c - c - cool."

"Hmm...huh?" Rhett asked being snatched from his mind.

"Oh... uh," he laughed.

Dawn finished, getting up with his plate and washing it quickly. Dawn then walked over to Rhett, holding his arms out. "Up."

Having Rhett wrapped around his finger, he immediately gave in and hoisted Dawn up onto his waist.

He held the male's waist and looked at him, "What would you like to do?"

Dawn shrugged, "m' don't know. W - W - What do y - you l - like t - to do?" Dawn asked.

Rhett looked at him, "Hunt... but I'm not taking you hunting. The snakes like to follow me."

"What about you little one?"

"I - I - I d - don't r - really do much." Dawn said, rolling over on the couch and facing the ceiling.

Rhett sat beside him.

He folded his arms across his chest then looked at him.

"Is something wrong?"

"N - No," Dawn spoke, his eyes scanning the ceiling.

The snake hybrid thought for a moment and scratched the back of his head. An idea finally plaguing his mind, he got up and offered a hand to Dawn.

"I wanna take you somewhere, come on," Rhett said.

Dawn sat up looking at the male's hand, before accepting it and getting up, latching their hands together.

Rhett helped him up to his feet and less him towards the front door where he grabbed his truck keys.

"Mm, do you have a house key in case we get back and their still out?" Rhett asked looking down at him.

"Y - Yeah, it's o - on - on my br - bracelet." Dawn said, dangling a bracelet that held some random charms and a key.

Rhett nodded with a smile then held onto the small male's hand again, with his other hand he opened up the door and lead him out. Locking and closing the door behind them he led Dawn out to the truck, unlocking it and opening up the passenger's side and grabbing his waist and lifted him up into the truck.

After closing the door he walked around to the driver's side and got in, pulling out his phone to send a text to Eden that Dawn had already eaten lunch and that they'd be back later.

After Dawn put on his seat belt, Rhett did the same and cranked the vehicle. Soon they were down the street and leaving the neighborhood.

"Do you trust me?" Rhett asked.

"Mhm! W - Why w - w - would I not? Y - You gonna k - ki - kill me?" Dawn teased.

Rhett chuckled, "No, I just wanted to know that you'd trust I'd keep you safe," he said looking over at him.

"I - I k - know I can t - trust you." Dawn smiled.

Rhett smiled, "Alright good, so I figured we could go into the city for a bit. "

The taller male had eventually reached over and grabbed onto Dawn's hand letting him hold it. The woods soon turned into large buildings.

Eventually arriving at this building that seemed to have about three stories, they parked and Rhett got out.

Upon getting up to the side doors he looked down at Dawn and said, "Close your eyes for me really quick, no peeking either."

"Y - You don't t - trust me?" Dawn pouted, "y - you're c - c - carrying me then." Dawn said opening his arms.

"Fine by me, just keep those beautiful eyes closed until I say so," Rhett chuckled, picking him up and holding him on his waist.

Dawn nuzzled into Rhett, "y - y - you have pretty eyes t - too." Dawn said, closing his eyes.