FIVE;

Hawke noticed the flustered elf scurry out of the kitchen. He wondered if he had offended him by his horrid jokes. He cleaned off his hands and walked after Dawn. Fixing his mask he peered down the hallway.

"Hey Dawn... you alright? I didn't upset you did I?"

"Oh, um, I - I," Dawn didn't know what to say, his face was redder then normal and he couldn't dare to meet Hawke.

He rubbed through his hair and got in front of him, studying his flustered face.
He tilted his head at him, he noticed that Dawn was now avoiding his gaze completely.

"I'm f - fine." Dawn spoke, his eyes now watching his feet.

"Should I phone Eden?" He asked. He knew that he was the most comfortable around the male, so his priority was to make sure he was happy and safe.

Not letting another second go by he pulled out his phone and dialed a number. He sat in silence listening to it ring.

"Hawke?" Rhett's voice called out.

"Yeah are you still with Eden?" He asked, standing against the wall.

"Uh yeah," Rhett responded.

"Put him on the phone please."

Dawn watched with his wide eyes, watching Hawke.

He waited for the response. "Hey, uhm he's fine I just believe I upset him. I want him comfortable and I know he trusts you... alright. Here he is," he says handing the phone to the little elf.

After Dawn answered the phone, he walked out of the room in order to give him his privacy. He made his way back into the kitchen. He stared at the messy workspace and began to clean up a bit. He tossed the pale dough into the air as the timer on the stove beeped, indicating the oven was preheated.

After a couple throws in the air he placed it on a baking stone and put it in the oven. He washed his hands and stood against the sink, wondering if the elf was feeling a little better.

"Mhm, it - oh, li - like ears?" Dawn said, making Eden let out a sigh.

Eden met eyes with Rhett, before telling Dawn what to do, "Excuse yourself from Hawke, say you're going to lay down and do what I did with you."

"O - Okay." Dawn said.

"Bye baby." Eden spoke.

"Bye bye!" Dawn said back before the call ended.

Eden felt Rhett cock a brow. Then it occured to him what was going on. He nodded his head.

"Well I assume all is well," Rhett said rubbing the back of his neck.

Eden laughed, "He doesn't understand much, but with someone like Hawke in the same house it makes sense."

He nodded and eventually chuckled. "I second that vote, Hawke is truly something else," he met Eden's eyes.

His throat started to make that rattling sound again, "Well I put money in the register for the drinks and all that. Imma head off, let me know when you get back to the house and I'll come get gorgon boy."

"Gorgon? He's a gorgon?" Eden said, he's eyes widen.

He looked back at Eden, "Yeah... that's why he wears the mask. It's to keep him from smiling. Not exactly like his mom Medusa, his smile turns one to stone..." he looked away remembering back when he found the young boy in the garden.

"So, I left a gorgon who can kill someone with a single smile with an elf, who literally makes anyone smile?" Eden said, panicking.

Rhett's attention went back to Eden. "If something were to happen to Dawn, Hawke wouldn't be able to live with himself."