Chapter 8

Draco P.O.V.

"What do you mean?"

"Malfoy. I know you did something. Don't think I didn't notice. What did you do?"

"I have no idea what you're-"

"MALFOY!"

I looked up, fear swimming in my eyes. He looked angry. VERY angry. I looked down at my feet.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't handle it. I hated everyone knowing what was wrong with, because that would lead to pity, and I can't deal with pity."

My eyes began to water as I explained the rest of the story as to how and why everything happened.

"I'm very disappointed in you, but you're lucky that I understand. If it was any other teacher, I'm afraid you would've gotten a month of detention."

I nodded.

"Don't think I'm letting you off the hook just yet. Tonight. 830 sharp. Kitchens. You have a lot of work to do and if you don't complete it you'll gave to come back tomorrow night as well."

I nodded again.

"Now, away with you."

Harry P.O.V.

"Ah, Harry. You made it."

"Not without a bit of trouble from Filch sir."

"Yes yes, he can be a bit grouchy sometimes. He means well though. He keeps the students safe. It may not seem like it, but it's his job. He wishes to do well."

I looked at the man standing before me. He looked so fragile, but he was such a brave human being.

"I... I guess I never thought of it that way Sir."

He sighed. "Alas, nobody does. He lives a lonley life you know. His parent's were always looking down on him when they found he was a squib. When I offered him a Job as Caretaker at Hogwarts, he accepted almost Immediately."

I nodded.

"Harry, do me a favor." He sat down, his long beard laying gently in his lap.

"Yes sir?"

"Next year. This year. Any time. Treat him as an equal. I know you may not accept him much, for he can be rude and grouchy, but Mrs. Norris is all he has left, and even she won't last forever. He'll need help, comfort. And I won't be there for him."

"Sir, you say that as if your going to die."

He chuckled lightly. "Harry, everyone must die at some point. Mine might just be sooner than others. I've lived a long life my boy, and I've seen much. I'm satisfied with what I have." He looked around, his eyes lingering on Fawkes for a little.

He saw my shocked expression, and he laughed. "Harry, I'm not going to die right now. I've still got time left." His eyes became sad for a moment, before refilling with his usual joyfulness.

"Come Harry. We have a mission to complete." He stood up and walked out of his office, and I followed.

"Sir, were exactly are we going?"

"The astronomy tower."

We walked the rest of the way in silence. When we arrived he walked over to the railing, and stood, looking out over the castle.

"Come Harry. Grab my arm."

I did as he said.

"Sir, I thought you couldn't apparate within Hogwarts grounds?"

"Ah you see Harry, as Headmaster, I have, as you say, certain privileges. Now hold on tight."

I tightened my grip on his arm. Before we left he said, "Harry, you never Promised me that you'd be there for Filch. He'll need it, along with many others."

He looked down at me. "Harry. Promise me."

I looked at him, then out over the castle. I didn't like him very much, but I didn't like Peter much either, bit that didn't stop me from sparring his life like an idiot.

But Filch was different. Maybe I could help him. Maybe we could get along. Like Dumbledore said, Mrs. Norris wouldn't last forever, and then he would be alone. But if I helped him, he wouldn't be alone.

"I'll help him."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

Kk I know Filch is hated by a lot of people in the HP franchise but I really feel like he needs some love and I kinda tossed my opinion of him into this chapter ok? Don't come at me just stating what I think. Love y'all <3