Soulmate

Some believe love is fake, a way to get things in life.

Some believe in love at first sight, the feelings for someone instantly there.

Some believe that love takes time to grow, time to nurture.

What I believe is... all of these are true. I know people who were completely lovestruck at first sight... while others, it took time to grow from friendship to something more. But I also know people who have no faith in others and love, and use it as a way to get ahead in life. What I believe is that it all just depends on how you look at it. Whether you believe in love or not alters they way you behave and react towards it.

You dropped your pencil with a long groan, crumbling the piece of paper and throwing it at your sun patterned painted wall. "Why did she have to choose this subject? It's so hard...!" You whined to the man sitting on your bed reading a book quietly. He glanced up at you with a smirk.

"Maybe I should assign it." You pointed a glare at him, a belly chuckle filling the room  as he placed the book down. "Your writing is great already, I'm sure no matter what you write, she'll give you a good grade." He encouraged sweetly, his golden hair matching the color of your room.

"Maybe, but I feel like she picked a subject she knew I wouldn't be able to deliver in! I mean, how am I supposed to write about my opinions on love when she clearly wanted proof for it?" You complained angrily.

He hummed with his eyes closed, hand stroking his nonexistent beard. "You should ask for a rubric, and ask how she's grading it. It might help you." He offered after thinking.

You gave a defeated sigh picking your pencil up and leaning on your elbow. "Yeah, but she already doesn't like me... I think she just wants a reason to give me a grade other than an A. Hell, you're a teacher and even you don't know!"

"I'm not a teacher for writing skills, (Y/N). You give my status to much credit." He shook his head, standing up and picking up the crumbled piece of paper, walking towards you. "What's wrong with what you wrote on this piece of paper?" He asked bending down over your shoulder and pointing to the written words.

"I don't know, I just didn't like it. Sounds a little corny to me." You huffed, only to be greeted by the warmth of his hand touching your shoulder encouragingly.

"It sounds just fine to me. How about you keep this one and talk to her tomorrow, then decide if you want to keep this or not... okay?" He smiled brightly, radiating a sense of security.

You couldn't refuse him when he smiled like that... "Fine... but I'm done writing for a project I know I'm going to fail." You hissed, pushing out of the chair and out of the room, Kyojuro following you to the kitchen. "Do you want anything?" You asked, looking in the cabinets for something that caught your attention.

"Not right now." He placed his arms around your neck, his head resting on top of yours sweetly. "I could go for a walk, though. Wanna come?"

You sighed, "And deal with your public fanclub? No thanks." You felt him chuckle before placing a soft kiss on the tip of your ear.

"Well, I'll be at the park if you need me. If something happens, don't hesitate to call, sweetheart." He placed another kiss on your cheek, turning to walk towards the door.

"You got it." You smiled and returned your attention to the cabinets that had nothing you wanted stored in them. You groaned and threw yourself on the couch, not bothering with turning the television on. "Love, huh?" You huffed and turned your face into the back cushions of the comfy couch, closing your eyes and curling up.
.
.
.
You felt soft taps on your cheek, turning your face further into the couch to avoid waking up. A soft laugh made it's way into your ears, the sweet smell of food finally meeting your nose. It wasn't enough to convince you to get up, though.

"Alright, alright. I won't wake you! I'll just eat your food instead so it doesn't get wasted." He grinned as you turned around tiredly.

"What kind of food?" You wondered out loud, still smelling the deliciousness.

You watched him wink and move towards the dining room where the scent was coming from, calling your name through the delicious aroma. You groaned as you tiredly pulled yourself off the couch, walking into the dining room only to be pushed into a seat as soon as you got in there.

"Hey! What was that for?!" You shouted, turning back to look at Kyojuro, your eyes immediately widening.

He held a single rose between his fingers. It was beautiful, red and white mixed into one. He still wore his teaching outfit, but it was somehow romantic as your cheeks turned a bright red.

"Um, so uh, what's all this for?" You motioned towards the flower and the buffet of food stretched across the small table and bar table that separated the kitchen and dining room. "And where did you get it all?"

You watched him close his beautiful eyes, tilting his head and placing his free hand on his chin. "Well, this is because I want you to know you're special to me, but the second question shall remain unanswered." He winked and sat in the chair sitting across from you.

"Mm, I'll just assume your fanclub helped you bring it here." You sighed and began making yourself a plate. "Hey, what's your take on love?" You wondered aloud, more focused on the food.

Kyojuro smiled, "What's my take on it? You should know already."

You raised your gaze to meet his. It was full of love and admiration, so full of life and brightness... it was impossible to look away. He patiently waited for you to gulp down your food so you could speak once more. "Perhaps, but I want you to tell me."

He chuckled and grabbed food of his own, stretching over and taking a bite of your food which you responded with a 'hey that's mine'. You heard him hum to himself, most likely in thought, as he ate the delicious food.

"Umai...!"

You sweatdropped but continued eating since that was normal for him.

"My take on it, is that love is indeed real, but you can only find true love if you meet your soulmate." He tilted his head with his signature closed eyed smile. You blushed with a nod, looking down at your food hoping he didn't notice.

"Do you believe you've... met your soulmate?"

Silence. Not even the sound of cars driving by interrupted the moment as Kyojuro looked up at you with a serious expression on his face. "I know I have. She's a beautiful girl who lo es writing, she's beautiful, funny, and a great person. That is my soulmate." You looked surprised, but smiled and threw small pieces of food at him.

"Of course you'd say something that corny." You both laughed and finished your meal before heading to bed. You were quite tired...