"Guys, maybe if we attack them all at once with our powers, we can get the upper hand." Cole pointed out.
"You're right! On three." Nya instructed before counting us down as Shifter slowed down, looking a tad bit dizzy.

"One...two...three!" Nya shouted and electricity crackled between my fingers before blue bolts of lightning were sent towards Shifter along with everyone else's.

Shifter just grinned and some sort of thin purple shield surrounded them, safely shielding them from the elements.
We stopped, not wanting to waste our abilities on one person.

"We could just try and get past them, they're wasting our time." Cole muttered.
"Yeah, that's not going to work." Zane replied. "With that force field ability, they'll be able to block us from the exit."

We heard Shifter start to laugh as we looked up, their eyes glowing brightly as they raised their hand with a maniacal grin on their face.

We got ready to attack before their laughter was cut off as they froze in their position before falling onto the floor.

A large gust of wind burst the doors open as we heard Harumi chanting her ritual to revive Garmadon.
"Quick!" Nya yelled before Shifter slowly staggered onto their feet, seeming to look very drained, holding their katana up.

"You've got to-" they started before I sent some lightning towards them and shocking them back to the floor and Zane freezing them there so we could come back to get them once this was over.

"Sorry, you'll understand why that was necessary after this." Zane apologised as we ran out into the battle.

———————

(Y/n)'s P.O.V)

'You really think this is going to hold me?' I thought as the doors slammed shut, summoning purple fire in my hands and melting the ice.

I frowned, boss wasn't going to be happy with me letting the ninja through and potentially foiling her plans.....but I did try my hardest to stop them.

It really was when I felt like all of my energy had been drained from my body, leaving me vulnerable to them and they had found an opening.

My energy was back, but I still felt weaker than what I was before, maybe it had something to do with the ritual...?

Once all of the ice was melted I dragged myself to the shadows and blended in to rest, warping to a shadow where the fight was happening.

Because I didn't want to miss out on the fight, but didn't want to participate in it if I knew I could possibly be beaten if I ran in recklessly.

———

"No, nooooooooooo!" Harumi shrieked as the ritual to summon Lord Garmadon was disrupted.
The police came in and started to arrest everyone (except me).

Harumi whined as they put her in handcuffs and somehow Jay and Cole managed to pin Killow to the ground, kudos for them.

I had gained my energy back, but knew it was stupid to try and attack everyone in risk of getting overpowered and arrested. But I spied the Oni masks on the ground.

I quickly and subtly grabbed them, no one noticing them slipping away.

I noticed Jay looked a little mopey but I ignored it, Harumi would probably ant me to complete the ritual and bring Lord Garmadon back.

My mind went back to what Jay said about the group I was in, that what they were doing was bad.
I knew that, right? But they wanted to revive Lord Garmadon to help the city, right?

The thought hung like an unwanted cloud in the back of my mind as I watched everyone slowly walking or being escorted out.

"Shifter's gone!" I heard Zane exclaim to the other ninja. "The ice seems to have melted."
"What?! That can't be possible!" Kai exclaimed in surprise.
"There's no sign of (Y/n) here either, maybe they took her for ransom? A leverage to get Harumi back?" I heard Nya say as they walked out of the temple.

'Boi if you knew.' I thought, waiting to hear vehicles driving away with the arrested members.

Once I knew it was safe I crept out of the shadows and put the masks in their spots on the summoning circle and, after a few minutes, found the strands of hair Harumi was using (though I just grabbed a new strand of hair from my head).

I put the hairs in a bowl and was about to start the ritual again before the lights came on, fire where candles were lighting into a eerie purple.

I turned as I heard a sound towards the pedestal in the middle of the circle and stepped back as a clawed hand shot out of the middle, something trying to get out of it.

I watched in slight amazement and fear as the one and only Lord Garmadon, from all of those stories the boss told us, climbed out and faced me.

"She calls me."

Word count: 1436 words