2

Hey guys please remember to vote and thanks for over 100 reads!!! I'm not happy with this chapter I promise it gets better though

You know on twitter there are always those accounts who posts all those strange photos, like ghosts being spotted in Ohio and that weird Spiderman figure which dances to the beat of every song you play. I’d never really focused on any of this nonsense before. All of it seemed stupid except one post. It said if you were in a major accident, who would care? Who would visit you? And who would sit there for days on end begging you to stay?

I never really bothered with that post but right now it all seemed to be coming true.

“Let’s get him over.”

The bright lights of the operating theatre blind me for a second. When the red mist eventually leaves my sight I see my body being lifted onto the table.

This out of body experience still seems weird to me. The fact that I’m here whilst my body lies motionless on the table covered in blood and attached to a ventilator makes no sense to me. Which was the real me? The me here now or the me there dying?

The surgeons work through effortlessly barely stopping for a break. Most of their conversation is about me and where they should stop the bleeding etc. I’ve always been quite a squeamish person and the sight of all my guts hanging out made me squirm, that lead me to wonder what sort of person was I if I couldn’t look at my own body?

I watch for a few minutes as more of my internal organs are removed from my stomach. I glance in horror as the surgeons remain completely composed even when my right kidney starts to bleed rapidly.

With my stomach still in my mouth I stagger to the end of the dark room before running into the pale corridor. Since this whole “out of bod experience” occurred I’d stayed with myself for the whole time. Now completely on my own I felt weird.

The pale corridor opened up onto several more operating theatres, I peer into one but the sight of a man’s head being sliced open makes me quickly retreat. Several metres down is a waiting room. Most of the hard orange chairs are occupied by pale faced people trying not to show their emotions. Right down the other end away from any possible human interaction is Louis.

“What do you want?” He snaps making me jump.

For one seriously weird second I think I’ve come out of my nonexistence and he’s talking to me.

That’s until I turn to see Jonah standing behind me.

Louis and Jonah have never mixed and I guess there are a lot of reasons for that. It’s mainly due to the fact that I missed his wedding day because Jonah had secretly booked us a holiday which was scheduled for the same day.

Louis has never got over that.

“Where’s Harry?” Jonah asks biting her lip.

She attempts to sit down but Louis puts his feet up on the chair instead, forcing her to stand.

“Surgery!” He snaps leaning further down in his chair, he seemed completely different to the boy 20 minutes ago who was crying his eyes out and begging me not to die.

She nods slowly trying to stay composed. I’m desperate to hug her and say how much she and Louis mean to me but yet again I’m forced to watch the awkward conversation continue knowing there’s nothing I can do about it.

“Will he be ok?” She asks.

This conversation seemed to be turning into a question and answer session. Louis seemed to have as much harshness as Jerry Paxman.

He shrugs continuing to stare at the ground. I don’t understand his I-don’t-care-about-anything attitude after all nobody’s going to blame him for being upset.

“Louis?” She repeats. “what did the doctors say?”

“Dead,” He mutters breaking the silence.

Jonah jumped slightly taking a small step back. She always acts terrified around Louis as if the slightest thing she’s says will upset him. He’s the predator whilst she’s the pray.

“They’re dead,” Louis says, “three of them are dead yet all you care about is Harry.”

His words become louder and louder as he continues until he’s practically spitting at the end. I’ve never seen him like this before, granted Louis can be a pain in the arse but he’s not evil. Right now I can practically see red flashing in his eyes as he continues yelling. I’ve never seen him like this, crazy, psychotic it’s not like Louis.

I except Jonah to make a run for it but instead she hugs him. She handles him as if he were a baby gently rubbing his back and stopping his sobs.

“Louis, I know it can’t be easy your Mum told me everything over the phone. The thing is that they’re gone but Harry could still be ok maybe we should concentrate on him.”

“The car crash was my fault,” Louis mumbles.

Car crash? Just like last time memories start to fill my head. This time however they were more focused for the first time I got more of a sense of what had happened.

(flashback in italics)

A small cough leaves my lips as the world swerves around me. I blink trying to focus but the blur stays making it impossible to see.

The car around me is a complete wreck. The smell of petrol fumes fills my nostrils but I feel too weak to check if it’s leaking or not.

Loud ringing echoes in my ears, I wait for it to stop hoping this is all a dream, but it stays just like the scene around me.

My last memory was us all laughing and messing about. What happened? Why had our perfect evening ended in such a big disaster? I try to find a reasonable answer but nothing comes to mind.

With a surge of pain running through my body I manage to turn to the right. Another small cough allows hot red liquid to drip down my chin but at least I can see.

Beside me is Niall. He lets out a shaky sob before looking me in the eye. At first I think he’s alright just a few cuts and bruises until I see the sight of his leg. Well what’s left of it. From his thigh downwards all the skin has been ripped off revealing raw pink flesh.

Unfortunately Niall also looks down and lets out a muffled scream.

“It’s ok, you’ll be ok,” I splutter grabbing his hand.

I haven’t even looked for the others, I don’t want to see the state they’re in. If Nialls leg flesh was lying all over the seat then I dread to think of what condition the other are in.

 Why had this happened?

“Promise?” Niall eventually whispers clasping my hand.

I don’t reply. I don’t need too.

Headlights come towards us Niall too notices and screams. That’s the last thing I remember apart from a single car horn.

The memory was gory, but it answered a lot of my questions. Why I was here and who had died.

That conversation with Niall must have been the last one.

As he along with Liam and Zayn died tonight.

I survived.

But why?