1

Harry Styles' P.O.V

A shiver runs down my spine as I peer down at my pale bare feet. The coolness of the hard marble floor distracts me slightly, but it doesn't stop confused thoughts rushing into my head.

I stand here as a scene of chaos runs in front of my eyes. Doctor after doctor; nurse after nurse surround a bed in the middle of the room looking pale and forlorn. Once in a while I hear a scream as the person's heartbeat decreases.

I take a step forward eager to see what all the fuss is about, I worry that they'll d send me away but nobody takes even the slightest interest in me. It's as though I'm invisible, like nobody in the room can see me.

"Excuse me?" I ask a young nurse.

I try to get a better look but there are too many people in the way.

She flinches before quickly looking round. I wonder if she simply misheard me but as soon as she stares right at me I know that's impossible.

"Yeah um hey, what happened?" I ask waving my hand in front of her face.

She still doesn't answer, yet she continues staring at me-wait she's not staring at me-she's staring through me like I'm not there. Has the world simply gone crazy, or am I the crazy one?

Granted, I've had some weird dreams in my time but this one was definitely the weirdest. The weirdest thing was no matter how many times I pinched my strangely pale skin, it wasn't going away. The image didn't as much as flicker, no matter how much I tried I found myself stuck in this hospital room seemingly invisible to everyone.

For several minutes I simply sat by the door chewing on my nails. Just like my skin for some reason they were also deathly pale. My dark shirt and jeans which I last remembered wearing had been replaced with a white gown to match my pale skin. It was as though I'd been replaced with a bag of flour.

I need longer. Longer to ponder and to work out what the hell had happened but before I can the large doors slam open causing a piece of plaster to fall from the ceiling. The pale faced boy ignores it; his eyes are only set on 1 thing. He walks up to the clusters of hospital staff demanding to know what was going on.

I have to admit, I was surprised the worry on this boy's face was something I hadn't seen for a long time. Dark shadows rested under his eyes and his usual neat brown quiff laid a mess around his head. I'd never seen him in such a state before which only made my suspicions higher and higher.
"What's wrong with him?" He asks.

As he brings his hand to the side I notice drops of deep red liquid dripping from his fists. Blood; but why was he bleeding?

"Sir, it seems as though you need to be seen as well," A male doctor replies gently gripping his hand.

Louis purses his lips, his grip tightening on the man's hand. For a second I think he's going to attack him, the sight of the man lying unconscious as armed officers' drag Louis out of the room is too much to bear. The worst part of the image is the fact that I won't be able to help him, seeing as I don't seem to exist.

Louis loosens his grip on the man's hand before letting the tears fall freely. In a matter of seconds he's full out sobbing. He looks strange and so unlike Louis that I find myself shaking.

"Louis, please!" I yell hoping for a miracle.

He doesn't reply.

I smash my fist against the wall in frustration. The pain seethes through my knuckles and I have to stuff the gown in my mouth to stop myself screaming out in pain. I peer back down at the red area but no blood comes, obviously another of my in-human antics.

"Do you know what it's like to have your whole life torn apart in a matter of hours?" My attention goes back to Louis as 1 of the nurses leads him into the corner. She puts an arm around him and he sobs into her chest.

"They're dead," He mumbles quietly but I can still here, "all 3 of them are dead and he's going to as well I know he's going too."

Dead? 3 of them are dead? But who are they? My brain starts to flashback little clips play in my head. I see a dark room covered in strobe lighting, and loud music blaring. Female and male voices chatter around me although they all become mashed into one. A hand slips into the crowd and pulls me away I can't help but feel thankful as the amount of people was making me feel dizzy. A face looks up at me but I can't remember who it belongs to. My last memory is of glasses of vodka being shoved into my hand and I continue drinking it down all though the liquid is bitter in my mouth.

It's gone. Just like that the memory disappears. I rack my brain to remember more but nothing comes to mind.

"Why can't I remember?" I think aloud to myself. Has my head been damaged? Have I been given some sort of drug? All of these things were perfectly plausible but I couldn't feel as much as a single ounce of pain. My whole body felt light, practically weightless. I'd never had this feeling before, it felt peculiar but in some ways I kind of like feeling this way.

Louis continues sobbing into the nurse's scrubbed chest. This isn't the usual upset crying though; based on his hand gestures and body movements I can tell he's angry. Something about what had happened angered him and I wanted to know what.

"We've lost output."

I turn to look at the doctors as the heart monitor starts to bleep like crazy. The person must have stopped breathing.

"Please, not again!" Louis cried as they started CPR.

The whole circuit continued on for half an hour. Twenty pumps on their chest before they try to shock the heart back into siness.

For the entire time I just stand there useless. I want to run, I wan to scream, I want to hide but instead I'm forced to watch through gritted teeth as their life slowly starts to slip away.

The heart monitor continues to make the ear-piercing bleeping sound. After a while it starts to work its way into my thoughts, I try covering my ears and humming as loud as possible but nothing blocks the noise out.

"We've got a pulse."

The irritating bleeping stops before being placed with the calm sound of their heart monitor.

"Is he going to be ok," Louis begs.

That last chance of hope he'd seemed to have given up on was finally back. For once the chance of this person surviving had become possible.

There was still 1 think on my mind though, "who was it?

It had to be someone Louis knew, perhaps it was Stan or a family member-but that wouldn't explain the reason why I was here.

Another confused feeling rushed into my head it had to be 1 of the boys, but where were the other 2 and how come I'm fine but Louis' bleeding?

The sides of the bed our slid upwards as the bed starts to be wheeled out of the room. As it passes us I finally get to look at the persons face.

What I see shocks me.

In fact I would be less surprised if Jesus himself zoomed down here right now and performed a miracle.

The boy on the bed covered in blood so much blood that the pale white sheets have been dyed red. The boy on the bed who had cheated death. The boy on the bed, with his mass of curly hair and green eyes. The boy on the bed Louis cares so much about.

The boy on the bed was me.
Remember to Vote!!