One- The Gang Leader's Daughter

As the daughter of a famous gang leader, I found my life to be a messy, dangerous adventure. I loved it though, and would not have anything else.

My father, Sterling Wolfe, was the leader of a gang that spread across the continent of North America and my mother Reign was the daughter of a rival gang lead by my grandfather. Nobody really speaks of my grandfather, but I know the dark history behind my parent's lives and my grandfather's involvement.

My parents have always been completely truthful and transparent with us when it came to the gangs and the dark history. They knew my sister Astrid and I would face dangers all throughout our lives because of their gang involvement, and it was the best way to keep us safe.

Both my sister and I have been trained our whole lives in case we did run into trouble. My sister did not want much to do with it even when she was young. She had a soft, sweet, innocent soul, where I was a fire cracker from birth. I wanted to be strong and I wanted to be a bad ass fighter. Unfortunately, Daddy Dearest was overprotective and barely let me out of the house alone.

I always searched for new things to do to escape reality or to satisfy my adventurous side. The roof top at night was always one of my favorite places to think and clear my mind.

Gazing up at the millions of suns and stars that twinkled against the black canvas of the night sky, I let my mind wander. I had a feeling in my heart that there was a bigger plan for my life, and I was stuck in a circle of avoiding the world and obeying my father's rules. I know he wanted to keep me safe, but safe and miserable were clashing ideologies in my growing mind.

I wanted freedom and the ability to adventure the world. I have read a lot of books in my life, and all of the amazing tales they told about parties and friendships were such tantalizing subjects. I wanted a normal experience for once in my life.

I did not even get the chance to go to high school or any of the wonderful experiences it held. My parents home schooled my sister and I to keep us from the outside world. Honestly, it worked, but it also kept us locked away and kept us from seeing the world for ourselves. It prevented us from making friends and doing normal teenage things. I had never even been to the mall with friends because honestly I did not have any.

My sister and I were close in ways, but we were total opposites in most. I took after my mother's fiery personality and my father's passionately protective side. Astrid, however, took after their softer, gentle qualities.

Our looks were completely different as well. I had dark brown hair and my fathers icy white eyes, while my sister had white hair and my mother's greenish gray eyes. She was tall, at five foot nine inches, and thin with slight natural curves, features she obviously got from our dad.

I take after my mother's height and shape at five foot four inches and thick curves shaped by my muscles. My thighs made me curvy but they are all muscle. At one point, my mother's body was exactly like mine, but with age and comfort she gained some weight which she wore beautifully on her curvy body.

"Ezzy!" my dad's voice calls out. "Ezlyn!" he calls again. I roll my eyes, knowing I had to leave my hiding spot.

"Coming!" I yelled out. I slipped in through the window and through the house, down to the front patio where my father was calling me from.

"Yes, Dad?" I ask, walking up behind his tall figure.

"Where were you?" he asks, trying to put on a serious face.

"Hiding from the insanity that is our family," I say, giving him a nonchalant look.

"I'm sure you were," he says, shaking his head.