Three- Dorm

Frustrated with the situation with Alek, I roll my eyes as I find my way to my to my dorm. As promised, Alek's dorm building was directly next to mine and I watched him walk into the building, a stupid smirk on his face as he walked. How can one person be that arrogant? I enter my dorm building and up a flight of stairs and find the room with the number 207 on it.

I pull out the ID with a black bar on the back and swipe it over the sensor by the door and a click sounds that the door has been unlocked. I open the door. Of course my dad paid for one of the best rooms available, and the main entrance is a big living room connected to a kitchen. There's a large gray sectional couch against the wall and a white marble coffee table in front of it. The wall had a large TV mounted on the wall and aside from that, the place was fresh and ready to be decorated by myself and whoever I'd be sharing this place with. I look to my right towards the kitchen, which has all black appliances and a large curved island coming off by the microwave with a few basic barstools sitting in front of it.

I walk down the hall by the kitchen where I see three doors. I poke my head in one to the right and it's an empty bedroom, just a plain bed on the left wall and a wooden corner desk to the right, a closet tucked away across from the bed. The room was decent size, and upon looking to the other side of the hall I see the second room which has a few boxes in it. My room mate must've been here and left for something or was making trips for move in, I assume. I look into the last room and see its a full bathroom with a shower bathtub, sink and toilet. I always thought all dorms had public bathrooms people share, but then I remember my father's money getting me the best of everything.

I take my bags and go into the empty room. My dad gave me a credit card to buy decorations for the room, that way I could pick everything out myself and I'd have to get along with Aleksander for the ride into the city. I rolled my eyes at the thought of Alek and turned to the closet. I opened my bag and began placing clothes on the white shelf in the closet, noting that I should get a set of drawers and hangers when I go out to get decorations for the room.

I hear the apartment door open and I don't pay much mind to it, assuming it's just my room mate and that I would introduce myself in a moment. I finish putting the last shirt onto the shelf and I turn around and a yelp escapes my mouth. Standing in my doorway is a strange boy or man or whatever.

"Um excuse me?" I say, crossing my arms and scowling.

"You know here Zae is?" He asks, his voice deep with a foreign accent. He looks to be a bit over six feet tall with dark curly hair pulled back into a bun with shaved sides. He wore a gray tee shirt with ripped up dark wash jeans and black canvas shoes. His face had a square chin with a dimple and had a square jaw line. His eyes observed me, a shine in the dark, blue gray sea that was looking back at me. I snapped out of my trance looking at the man and I began to shout.

"I don't even know who Zae is and I sure as hell don't appreciate you barging into my room and watching me so get the fuck out!" I yell.

"Easy, love, don't want to cause stress lines on that pretty face," he says and the cocky attitude pissed me off just like Alek's did.

"I'll show you a pretty face when I'm beating yours in if you don't get the fuck out!" I scream at him as I take a few steps towards him, my fist ready to strike. He backs up quickly his hands up until I have him backed into the hallway wall, my fist up and ready with one hand around his collar just as the door to the apartment opens and our heads turn to see who entered the room.

"Hey hey hey!" A small person with a half pink half blue buzz cut yells. They wears a baggy plain black shirt as a dress with black fishnets. They are very thin, a septum ring hanging from their nose on her tiny heart shaped face. Their eyes are big and a bright blue color, giving them an innocent, almost childlike look. Honestly they reminded me of an anime character.

"Dude your room mate is nuts!" the guy who's face I was about to smash in says, his eyes wide as he scrambles out of my hold. I stand in the hall and cross my arms as he runs to the person standing in the living room.

"You're my dorm mate I assume?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah I'm Zae. I use they them pronouns by the way. What's your name and pronouns?" they ask.

"I'm Ezyln, she, her," I reply.

"I apologize for him, he's a big oaf with boundary issues. This is Rowan," Zae says.

"Apparently. How did you even get in here?" I ask Rowan.

"Zae left their key in my car and I was returning it," he says with a shrug.

"Well I'm going to go back to my room and finish unpacking. You two just," I motion with my hands, "do whatever it is you do away from my room," I say.

I turn away and go back to my room, closing the door. I hear them mumbling words in the hall and then the front door opens and shuts which is what I assume is them leaving. I unzip the front of my bag and pull my headphones out and plug them into my phone. I begin to blast music as I set up some books and binders onto the desk along with a few office supplies I had.

As my back is turned to the door, a pair of hands grabs me and I am tossed onto my bed. I begin to swing and kick and punch around before my eyes settle on Alek who is laughing excessively. I yank my headphones out and begin to yell once more.

"What the actual fuck Alek!" I scream.

"You should've seen the look on your face!" He says while cackling, his green eyes sparkling with amusement.

"You're a fucking idiot I swear," I say, clenching my teeth. "Why are you even here?"

"We need to go shopping," he says once he stops laughing like he was watching the funniest comedy movie ever. He pushed his grown out dark hair back onto his head to get it out of his face creating a tousled look.

"You couldn't have just called or texted?" I ask with a glare.

"You refused to give me your number so I had to just show up," he says with a shrug.

"Oh for fuck's sake couldn't you have gotten it from my dad?" I roll my eyes and let out an annoyed breath. He shrugs once again and at that moment I knew if I could pop his head off like a dandelion flower I would. "Whatever. Let's just go," I say, grabbing my phone and my wallet. Before we leave the room a thought pops into my head.

"How did you get into my room?" I ask.

"I have a key,"

"Where did you get a key?"

"Your dad,"

"Great so you can just pop in whenever you damn well please?"

"I guess. Better hope I don't damn well please while you're changing or something," Alek says and gives me a wink and walks out. I make fake vomiting noises as we walk and I can see Alek's body shake as he chuckles.

"You're disgusting!" I call out to make sure he hears me. I roll my eyes and follow him out of the room. He's already out into the hallway looking impatient as I take my time leaving. 

 I think to myself how things could be if my father could've just picked someone else to babysit me at college instead of this idiot. Why couldn't he have hired someone else? Anyone else would have done just fine. But no, my father had to stick me with the single most annoying person on this entire puddle of a planet. I sigh in annoyance as we walk down the hall and out the dorm, mentally preparing myself to be irritated the entire time we are in the same vicinity.