#44 - Happy New Year Darling

Start from the beginning

"Oh darling, is everything ok? Did I say something wrong?"

"No, goodness no. I just, god-"

You twisted your body to Tom as his eyes gazed down at you worryingly. Grip tightening, scared for what you might say.

"I love you so much."

A round of 'Awwwws' went round as you all turned to Sarah and her two friends in the doorway. Tom had you pressed against him close kissing your head explaining how he loved you too.

"I always knew you two were soppy! Tom, stop hogging her; let her come give me a cuddle! It's been too long gorgeous!"

Again, you shot up and hugged another Hiddleston, feeling small surrounded by them all. You were the baby of the family, being easiest to pick on and acting five most of the time; but that's why they all loved you so much.

--------------------

"AUNTIE! AGAIN!"

"Alright Monkeys. Last time then I'm hunting for Uncle Tom!"

You spun them around one more time, their little giggles warming your heart. You wanted children, and soon before your clock stopped ticking. You could feel the dinner you'd all eaten wiggling in your stomach making you stop slowly and dance softly instead.

The little boy in your arms was Joe, the girl by your feet was Katie with her frilly dress swaying in the whistling breeze. Both around three, their little dimples making their smiles brighter. They'd grown up with you in their life, your closeness making you 'auntie' and Tom 'uncle' whenever they saw you, and even though neither of you were blood related they didn't mind, and you couldn't complain.

You left them with their parents in the garden, their little bodies chasing each other as the circled the tables, adults shouting how they'd hurt themselves before smiling at you as you passed.

You spotted Tom's whereabouts by his laugh, coming into the living room beside him before plopping yourself on his lap. An "oof" sound leaving his lungs before he pulled you into a more comfortable position on his lap, arms wound around you as you chuckled. There was no room for you to sit anywhere else, so you made yourself comfortable noticing how half the people around you were doing the same.

Everyone was now there with you, many introducing themselves before passing on to family members or the nibbles on the table outside. How they were still hungry after the meal you'd all devoured you were clueless. Tom stroked your spine, pulling you closer to him. He'd missed you when you'd been dragged away by Diana to meet everyone, your eyes begging him to follow but James had distracted him with questions on your marriage. Your eyes closing in context as the rough hands you'd grown to love messed through your hair, gliding over your scalp. God those hands. You couldn't help but groan slightly into his neck to earn a chuckle, the feeling vibrating against your side. You'd do anything to drag the man upstairs and sleep, but as it was New Years you knew that wasn't to happen for at least another hour.

The crappy telly was turned on, the traditional show on as everyone was ushered into one room. You had Katie on your lap whilst you sat on Tom's, his suit jacket covered arms peering round you to tickle Katie's fragile body and act oblivious. Both of you sharing a look, both yearning for a family for yourself.

You internally grinned.

--------------------

"5...4...3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

The happy shouts around you were accompanied with kisses and hugs exchanged. Outside, the cold hit your skin sharply, the movement between people doing little to warm you up. You'd gone round from person to person getting cuddles and cheek kisses before reaching your husband, your arms wrapping around him quickly - revelling in his warmth. You all made a circle singing old lang syne. You watched one of the males from the group light a firework and you starred happily as it lightened the dark sky.

Coat covered arms wrapped around your torso, coating you in some kind of safety blanket. You'd neglected the idea of a coat, thinking you wouldn't be outside. James had offered you a spare but you refused, the cardigan giving you an excuse to be closer to Tom. You grabbed his hand, dragging it down and placing it over your stomach, not once releasing it from your own.

"Tom..."

"Mmm?"

The reply was muffled as his head burrowed into the crook of your neck; you could feel him smile against you. Everyone around you had gone quieter, just admiring the display.

Except you two were more focused on each other. His free arm ran up your body, the friction tingling your skin to decrease the goosebumps. You have to bite back a moan at how warm he felt and how safe it made you feel when you were enclosed in his embrace. Your husband. Yours. You smiled to yourself, you head twisting as you starred into his orbs - twinkling back at you as you got lost just looking at him. You squeezed his hand before speaking the words he's wanted to hear for years. The words that caused him to pick you up and spin you around until your giggles had caught the spectators attention and you stopped to explain, his grin meet once leaving his face.

"I'm pregnant."