#35 - Sneaking Out

"Tom I should go. You know she'll realise otherwise."

"Okay Darling, I'll drop you off and call you a little later."

It took everything in your power to detach your sleepy self from him. His arm was pulling you closer for longer that it should before you kissed him good morning, jumped up to get ready, having a cup of tea and heading out the door.

The car smelt of him. The welcoming scent making your stomach fill with butterflies as you tucked his shirt in your shorts. You'd snuck out again last night, hoping to get back before Millie noticed.

Although you were older, she was definitely your big sister, and since she'd found out about your past she'd been protective over you... And you loved her for it. Ever since you were young you'd agreed to live together. The flat being exactly how you wanted it. But recently she'd been too distracted with her own man to keep an eye on your love life, which meant sneaking out and having fun was easier.

You tried to slip through the door unnoticed, the early morning was something your flatmate Millie didn't do. It seemed as though the coast was clear, your footsteps quiet as you slipped down the hall.

"Hold it right there Missy."

You stilled.

"Turn around."

You followed her instructions.

"Spill."

Millie stood there with the biggest grin on her face as she studied your appearance. You had your heels in your hand, your hair a mess as you wore his top and yesterday's shorts. Your bag was thrown lazily over your shoulder and you noticed the smirk grow as she put the pieces together. There was only one thing to do...

You ran.

You could hear her close behind as you ran through the house, making your way to the bathroom to lock the door behind you. But as you sped around the corner, you were thrown over someone's shoulder and carried back kicking and screaming.

"JIM! PUT ME DOWN."

"Sorry love, I'm just as curious as her."

"You're so whipped."

"And proud to be."

You looked up to see Millie walking behind him, her eyebrow raised in a 'you really thought you could get away' look. You just winked and relaxed in Jim's arms whilst planning an escape.

You were placed back down in the living room, throwing your bag across the room and plopping onto the sofa like a naughty teenager being told off by your parents. They watched you silk for a moment, allowing you to curl up in the corner and hug a pillow before being questioned.

Jim sat on the chair next to you, Millie placing herself on his lap as she looked at you with a knowing eye.

"Was it him again?"

"Millie... Don't be a little cachu. Drop it."

"It was, wasn't it! AND THATS HIS SHIRT. OH MY JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADY."

She jumped up pointing at you as if it would help. But you just rolled your eyes and laughed before your phone rang.

You made eye contact, both lunging for your bag as Jim jumped to pull Millie back, only to receive a warning bite as you grabbed the phone and ran. Millie was chasing you down the halls as you spoke, attempting to speak in a normal voice without letting him know she was there.

"Hi Tom. How are you?"

She grabbed your arm pulling you to the floor, rolling around to try to listen in. You gave up, sitting next to each other, ear-to-ear whilst he spoke.

"Hey Darling, I'm great. I was just wondering if you were free tonight?"

You both jumped up. Jim was now standing in the doorway looking at Millie with love. He was crazy about her, his occasional "I bought you these because I could" or "let's go out right now to get you something." made you want to shake her and shout "TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM FOR GOD SAKE!" But you knew they'd last. He was someone she deserved, and you were happy she finally found someone that made her feel like she did. She always hated the idea of being with someone, saying men weren't to be trusted, but now... Now her happiness made you happy. You snapped back to life, realising you hadn't answered Tom.

"Indeed I am, what were you thinking?"

The conversation continued and you quietened with Millie standing in front of you grinning and jumping every time she heard something through the phone, your eyes scolding her as she giggled and leant forward to the phone again. Your cheeks burning when he mentioned something about last night, Millie holding her nose to stop herself from laughing too loudly. Once the phone call had ended, you were dragged down the hall to get changed, glancing at Jim for help as he shot you a sympathetic look.

--------------------

You knocked as instructed, waiting patiently as the nerves shot through you, signalling for Millie to leave as she sat in the car like a nervous mother - but you we're thankful she approved, realising how happy you'd become when seeing him. She'd done your make up and hair, helping you curl it up and the wings on your eyes made you feel beautiful. You felt thankful you had her, her happiness for you finally finding someone who gave you hope in men again. You and Tom had been 'seeing' each other for a long time now without her knowing, but never have you had a proper date.

You watched her pull away, her car lights growing weaker as she made her way down the badly lit road, her cars figure disappearing. It was a beautiful night out, and you couldn't help but feel as though 'dinner at my place' would lead to a lot more than food.

The wooden entrance opened moments later, his shoulder broad as he towered over you. His smile met his eyes as he lay a single, gentle kiss on your forehead before brushing your nose with his own. His suit sharp, cologne filling your senses; your hands shot out to grip his shirt as you breathed him in.

He looked perfect.

He gripped your hands against him savouring the feeling, pulling you through the door and making his attack on your neck. His kisses left a tingling sensation as he held you close, his eyes sweeping down your form. You felt like you were flying, his arms being the only reason you were still up straight. Then he looked into your eyes, the look was one women usually didn't see. It was someone they loved appreciating them, even if they didn't know. He was showing you how he felt by just looking at you, and it made you feel beautiful.

"In all honesty Darling, dinner is back there but I've lost my appetite."

"Take me upstairs, Tom."

"With pleasure."

The silk brushed your legs as he lifted you into his arms and up the stairs. The slow pace and grace just heightening your lust. His room looked spotless, no evidence of the night before left behind as he lay you down lightly on the sheets listening to you giggle. It made his heart melt seeing you happy, pulling out your hair tie and letting it flow around you. He allowed one finger to glide up from your ankle to your thigh silencing you with a kiss; gripping on to his cheek to keep him there. Never wanting the feeling of his lips against yours to go. He lay beside you, wrapping his arm around you and holding you against him. You could feel his heartbeat as you lay your hand over his chest, feeling his own nerves and adrenaline channel through you.

It was this simple moment you realised you loved him.

And little did you know he loved you too.

Millie was going to have fun knowing about all this tomorrow...