Teoh nodded, and quickly ran towards the back of the army. Ejder sent her a pointed look. "Why won't you talk to your sister?"

Eli shook her head. "It's... not a good time. No time to say what I have to say, and I don't want to leave in a hurry. We must be off, Ejder, you ride with them, too."

Ejder nodded, albeit reluctantly.
Ril gave them a serious smile. "Good. You can take my horse, Ejder, I'll ride with Eli."

Both Eli and Ejder snickered at the same time. "I'm not sure you understood me correctly, mister commander, I'll be attacking the Queen from the air, which means it will be dange-"

Ril quickly interrupted her. "Yes, which is why I'm coming with you. The Queen needs to die if we want to win this, and the chances increase if I'm with you, so let's go."

Ejder and Eli shared a look, before Ejder nodded in approval. "Don't let her die, elf. She may be lucky, but even luck can run out."

"I'll make sure she stays in one piece."
Eli ignored the exchange, barely suppressing the urge to tell them she could take care of her own life just fine by herself.

Ril went over to another general to give her some orders while Eli climbed back onto Avilith, who was in a much better mood since Ril gave her head pats.

Eli extended her hand to help Ril up, and once he was sitting behind her securely, Avilith took off.

"It's only five minutes away, so get ready," Eli said, trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach which were a result of her back pressing against Ril.

"Aw, I was hoping to fly for a while, I quite like it," he complained. Eli rolled her eyes, but smiled non-the-less.
"I thought you'd be afraid of it, with you being a white hunter, enemy of dragons, and all that."

"Oh no, I love Avilith. You know, while you were with the queen, I flew with her every day."

Eli snickered, feeling a mixture of jealousy and happiness. "That's kind of adorable, really. Let's hope there's peace after this war, so I can take Avilith to you when you start to miss her."

"There's supposed to be, I discussed it with your king."

"You discussed it?"

Ril sighed. "Well, my father decided to announce that I was a prince right as he was getting sick, which was about the time I got back with Avilith. Until he dies, I speak in his place, and then it will be his legitimate sons, but until they are of age, his wife."

"Oh, so I can call you a prince in public now!" Eli said, grinning.

"And everyone knows you're not a really guy now. Word spreads fast, you caused quite a scandal, but we've had an incredible amount of women volunteer to fight after the news, as well. You're quite the inspiration, even among my people."

A smile found its way onto Eli's face, and she felt her heart fill with pride. "That's... really nice, actually. I doubt anyone in Revera even knows my name, though, I bet my king said it was all his idea, or something."

Ril snickered. "That wouldn't be surprising. But hey, you'll be a hero for the elves, at least. And, of course, my hero."

Eli blushed, feeling her heartbeat quicken. "Oh, please, you were in that dungeon just because of me. I only replayed my debt."

"My knight in shining armour!"

"You're unbelievable."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Ril's hand suddenly shot out over Eli's left shoulder, practically hugging her, as he pointed to the scene in front of them. "That's the battlefield, right? Damn, that's a lot of monsters!"