CareBear and CuddleBug, those were our names for each other.

"How was school, buddy?" Sage asked. He pushed his chest off mine, a sign to let go of him and I do, placing him on the ground to go greet anyone else.

_♤_

All night I couldn't stop thinking about Kolson. He's back in my life when I thought he would never. Verrin wasn't answering my calls which only pissed me off.

When I woke up, I made sure Declan wasn't feeling cold and the curtains were pulled before making my way outside to get started on everyone's breakfast.

For Declan's breakfast, I stuck with his grapes and apples and for his lunch, I made noodles mixed up with steamed vegetables with Sage's secret sauce that she shared and goes amazing with the noodles. I also packed that for myself and Sage. Quinton and Chelsea are always adventurous and finds a new place to eat at every time for lunch. I also stuck with the four of us usual breakfast which was oatmeal and raisins.

"Good morning," Sage walked out of her bedroom when I was washing up the dishes. "Thank you for the breakfast, Dinner is going to be something fancy with potato because I'm craving it," she continued, flopping down on one of the chairs of the small table we had. "You're welcome and I'm sure whatever you make will be delicious as always," I complimented her as I wiped my hands on the towel before walking back into my room to wake up Declan.

He was never a heavy sleeper, something Kolson also was but that could just be a coincidence. "Morning Momma," he yawned. "Good morning, cuddlebug. Time to brush your teeth and you'll eat breakfast with Chels while I get dressed," I explained the usual that he was already use to.

Both of us getting dressed at the same time never works out.

"Okay," he mumbled and I helped him off the bed. While he brushed his teeth I got my outfit for today. After that when he left to have breakfast, I showered and got dressed in my attire.

Today I was cautious of my outfit. I hesitated, wondering to myself it was the right call. Sure it was my light brown sweater tucked into my cream brown pencil skirt that had black vertical and horizontal lines running through it and ended above my knees.
Through contemplating I finally decided to pair it with my thin cream belt and high gloss heals. Even with combing my hair, I struggled. Leave it loose, braid it, put it in a ponytail. When I got frustrated, I left it in its natural state, running down my back.

Just on time, Declan walked through the door looking much more alive and awake before. "Ready to get changed?" I obviously asked him and he walked to where his uniform was already laid out. After getting him dressed and combing his hair back, we were ready to leave with our bags.

"I'll see you later," I tell Chelsea since she was the only one outside. "What are you going to do about Kol?" Chelsea asked me, grabbing my arm to stop me from leaving. "Nothing. I'll talk to you later about it," I brushed her off and pulled away. The drive to his school wasn't a long one and thankfully, it was on the way to work.

When I got to work, I pulled into my reserved parking spot and locked the car. "Mr. Starvi wants to see you," Gerald told me the second I walked up to the front door. Gerald was the friendly security guard who opens the door for people walking in. He's been with the company since the very start like me.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at that. "Have a nice day, Ger," I chose to say before walking inside. Everyone was already busy as usual, typing away on the computers and working the machines. I placed my bags in my office and walked to Kolson's office, already knowing he was about to ruin my day.

I took a deep breath and exhaled before entering "Have you matured yourself, Siya?" Kolson asked me and I refrained from rolling my eyes when I shut the door behind me.

He's right.

I need to be mature about this, I need to forget about my past with him. He's my boss and I only have a few months until I can leave and run my own business. Being immature and difficult would only give me a deeper grave.

"Yes, sir."

He nodded his head and looked away back to his computer. I take my time to notice the changes in him. His once smooth face had a light stubble, his eyes seemed even more bright with the ocean blue color. Seeing Kolson in a tuxedo again did bad things to me, especially how muscular he had gotten. The look fits him perfectly. He didn't look like he went to the gym every day but he did look like he worked out and could win a fight. His intimidating look was also a plus.

"I need you to get me lunch," he flatly told me and my jaw dropped. I'm not that kind of errands assistant. I was his assistant that helped him prepare files, schedule meetings, answer calls, do the accountings, answer emails, and organize files for him. Not the buy me lunch and do my grocery type of assistant.

"I don't understand, you can hire someone else for that," I pointed out obviously and his eyes narrowed. "You are my assistant, correct?" He asked. I hesitated but nodded my head. "Therefore you help me and do what I say. Get me something from that restaurant a few blocks away. I'll give you my card."

"We have chefs downstairs that makes very delicious meals for lunch," I lowkey objected, wondering why he was in demand that I buy him lunch. "I know that, but I'm having someone over and it's a very important lunch. It needs to be perfect so please just listen to me," he explained while reaching into his drawer and pulling out a black credit card and handing it to me.

Hesitantly, I grabbed the card and blankly stared at him. "What's the order?" I asked. "I already ordered whatever so you have to just pick it up," he casually replied and my jaw dropped.

He's having lunch at 9 am and at first, he told me I had to buy the lunch, now he was saying that I just have to collect it.

That hot bastard.

"Okay," I breathed out, turning around and walking out. I grabbed my wallet again for my driving documents before marching out of the building.

Ten minutes later I parked into a spot and walked into the restaurant to collect the food. Thankfully, it wasn't a long process and I was able to get back to work within fifteen minutes. I felt like an errand girl and I hated it. If he thought I was his errand girl then he thought bloody wrong and I had to make that clear.

I walked in with the bag of containers. Thankfully, I managed the push the door open using my shoulders. When I walked in, I wasn't expecting to see anyone else. I froze in front of her, already noticing her beauty.

She had black hair that brought out her bright blue eyes, tanned skin tone. She was wearing a black fitted dress with a low v neckline that revealed a bit of cleavage paired with similar shoes to mine but black.

"I'm Nessara Blanchard. You must be his personal assistant."