21: Wait for Me

(It's SHOWTIME! This was actually one of the first chapters I decided on when I started Dark Sun. Its been so long in the making, I've actually carved out the story to this exact point, knowing full well that this is where I wanted it to lead.

Therefore, this is the championship run. I've done all I can to write this in the most clear and concise way possible. I'll be honest, its pretty messed up lol!

Finally, just a sidenote, I adore Persona, but I am not amazing at battle or fusion. So please excuse any errors if there are any in the battle part. I did my best to research as much as I could to make this as canon-feeling as possible!!!

Without further ado, here it is! The prized chapter of Dark Sun.)

Do you know me?

Would you judge me?

I'm lost

But I can't admit it

Defeat

Ain't an option

Please

Someone help....

------------------------------

(Akechi P.O.V)

I'd lost control.

I couldn't stop it anymore.

The will to survive, the need for power and domination;

It was all I wanted now.

Defeating the only person I'd let into my heart was the only goal I could see. I was driven to the brink of insanity with rage.

I needed to beat him.

I would die to beat him.

But how could I do that? How many times had I tried to best him over these months, only to fall victim to his immense power and collected strategies, time and time again.

I had one tactic left. And it was beyond crazy.

But not crazy enough for me.

If it meant losing myself to best the one man I could love, but never trust...

I would do it.

I would lose myself for it.

"COME! LOKIII!"

I was screaming my Persona's name; a feral sound that was neither human, nor beast. The power born out of my hatred for my father apparated behind me: a horned beast with long hair and black and white striped skin. A true devil in nature.

My outfit began to morph into a costume only befitting for my state of mind: devoid of compassion and reason, an outfit created out of maddening darkness and despair.

Burning like the flames of my hatred, slowly the threads crawled up my legs, engulfing me in black. It snaked dangerously up my torso and up over my head, forming a pointed helmet made just for me. Angular and distorted.

A true crown for the one Mad King. Each and every pawn I'd murdered, every single soul I'd broken, all woven into the threads. I wore it like a trophy, made only of blood and sacrifice.

My thoughts were as deranged as a drunk man on a rampage. I wasn't thinking; only passing from one emotion to the other. Frequent blocks of time were lost in my thoughts; my psychosis acting only on impulse. I wasn't human anymore, I was an animal.

And watching the very eyes that drove me to this; the very prey I craved to snuff out for so long; stare in utter disbelief as the object of his affection broke into pieces and renewed into such a beast...