Holy shit.

Declan.

He can't find out about Declan. Kolson would probably kill me for hiding him for all those years.

God damn it, I was going to kill Verrin for keeping this from me. "As you probably already know, I am Kol Starvi, I will be taking over this industry while Mr. Shaw works on some other things," Kolson introduced.

I'm so going to kill Verrin.

"Kol as in Kol Mikelson?" One of my co-workers dared to ask and I rolled my eyes. She can never shut up and know when to be professional. He smiled and I just wanted to punch the stupid smile off his face.

Why is this happening? I've gone five years. Just when I was ready to show the world to my son as my own, his father shows up. Kolson would kill me if he finds out I've kept this a secret from him for five years. There were so many opportunities where I could have told him and I didn't. I was too scared of his reaction and I didn't want Declan to have that kind of drama in his life.

"Yes. I want everyone to get back to work. I've been told that I have a personal assistant so I need that assistant to help me get the motions of this place," he professionally and sternly stated. My heart hammered in my chest since the last time I checked, I was Verrin's personal assistant.

I'm going to kill that Asian.

"That would be Siya Kane, sir."

His eyes fell on me and I felt like the whole world stopped. Our eyes stared deep into each other's at the first click. His lips parted slightly only for him to smirk. "Siya Kane, hm..." he softly said. So soft and so devious to send chills down my back. "I'd like to see you in my office now, thank you," he told me.

His office. This has to be a joke. I need to call Verrin.

Everyone scattered, returning to their stations when I was just frozen. We promised we weren't going to come back in each other's lives.

Okay Siya, he's your boss. Nothing else. I just have to keep Declan a secret for a couple of more months before I can get out of here and away from Kolson. Again.

The pep talk seemed to help. I quickly walked to the familiar office and took a deep breath before opening the door. "Yes?" I bluntly stated, the door shutting behind me. Kolson rose his eyes from the papers on his desk. His eyebrow raised at me while my heartbeat accelerated.

"You seemed stressed, Tre-" I cut him off one time, not wanting to ever hear him call me that ever again. "My name is Siya Kane, no other names are necessary," I strictly stated. Kolson wickedly grinned, leaning back down on his fancy chair. "Okay, Siya, care to tell me why you looked so stressed?" He asked, his head slightly tilting to the side.

"Why would you want to know that?" I snapped, cursing myself for snapping like that to my boss. Five years ago and I can still feel the hurt that he left me with. Seeing him now was like salt to a fresh wound.

"I tend to care sometimes and I should give a good impression on my employees, right?" He suggested. A small sigh left me," I just wasn't ready to see you, that's all," I truthfully stated. "When will you be ready because it's been five fricken years since I've seen you," he scoffed.

"You verbally and mentally beat me black and blue before breaking my heart and shattering me altogether, I never want such a toxic person like you back in my life," I replied, not holding back my words. For five years I thought of everything I'd say to him but now my mind was blank.

"We were young and dumb, neither of us knew what love was, don't let this come between our jobs," Kolson exhaustedly groaned as if it was the most annoying thing ever. Nothing I said even seemed to bother him.

"Agreed and I wasn't planning on it, see you later sir," I nod my head at him before storming out of his office.

Angrily, I entered my office which was not far from his one. When I flopped down on the chair, the phone rang. I tried to calm myself before answering the phone call. "Shaw Creations," I responded to the phone immediately.

"Miss Kane, send me the backgrounds of all the present files. I need to know what I'm working with," Kolson's voice sent shivers down my back. I froze enough for the phone to slip out of my hand. "Right away," I instantly replied and ended the phone call.

Kolson is back in my life.

It was hard not to be pissed at him. He left me, told me he didn't love me, and cheated on me. How was I supposed to tell him I was pregnant after that? And even so, he left. He was a phone call away but my ass was too stubborn. I made a promise and my son didn't need a father.

I played both roles for nearly five years without him.

I got to work quickly on my laptop, sending the files quickly to his laptop. That was the last I heard of Kolson Starvi for that day. When the nine hours of my job was done, I said goodbye to my colleagues and drove home.

I stormed into the apartment, the door slamming hard behind me. Sage that was eating cereal on the floor and Chelsea that was about to enter the room froze.

"We have a problem."

[◇]

Thank you for 185 reads already! I'm happy you guys keep reading:)

Times like this I regret making that deal with you, bestie. Hope you liked this chapter :) rphendren527

 Hope you liked this chapter :) rphendren527