39:Manipulative

Short chapter

Dalen's POV

"Why did we have to watch this movie again?"

"Because I love 'White Chicks"

I hug her closer to me as she lays in between my legs with her back pressed up against me. After our shower, Diem suggested we watched a movie for the rest of the night

I can't stop thinking about how much Diem in some ways reminds me of my mamas. The way she cares for people, for me. I miss my mamas. I need to go see her sometime. Maybe I should bring Diem with me too.

Looking at the girl in my arms, my girl, I poke her head to get her attention. She cocks her head to look up at me"Diem I want to tell you something."

"Okay"

I grab the remote and pause the movie"It's about my mom"Diem sat up and turned around so that she was facing me."When I was younger you could say I didn't have the best childhood. More so the best father.

Growing up, he was always the type of parent that didn't care what I was doing as long as it didn't ruin his reputation. You see, my father was a very wealthy business man. He got the job done and had loads of money. Only the thing is that he wouldn't share it. Not with his friends, his family, his wife, his kid. No one."

Diem grabs my hand"He would treat mamas horribly. Would never put his hands on her but would never let a second go by without telling her how worthless she was and how she should die. How she should have aborted me when she had the chance"I look down at out hands"My mom would try to leave him and take me with her but, we didn't have the money.

One day, in 8th grade the guys and I were being stupid and we joined Roman's gang. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into but it payed well. It payed so well that my mom and I were able to buy an apartment far from my father without him knowing. All we had to do was find a way to leave him without him knowing too"

Suddenly my grip on Diem's hand tighten"One night, I woke up to go to the bathroom. I was on my way there when I heard what sounded like furniture breaking coming from my parents room. I went over to see what was going on and saw my father throwing things at mamas.

She was backed into a corner and defenseless. It angered me so I ran in and tackled him to the ground.  By the way he lazily tried to get me off him and everything I knew he was drunk. I grab mamas and we grab our bags that we had packed in case we ever found an opportunity to leave. We ran out of the house and to the apartment."

We sat in silence for a bit before Diem laid down on me and snuggled into the crook of my neck"Dalen, I'm sorry to hear that"

"He was found dead two days later. He was assassinated by one of his rivals. I got all of his money but I gave it to mamas."I wrap my arms around her body

"Where's mamas"I smile at her calling mom the nickname I've given her

"She still lives at that apartment"I grab the remote and resume the movie

"Do you think I can meet her"

"Yeah, but I know the second I tell her about you, she will be begging for you to see her everyday"

"Hey, if it makes mamas happy, I will gladly go see her everyday"

"Of course you would"

------------------------------------------------------------

Dalen's back story. Okay, bye now.