13:Pain Pain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day

Slight trigger warning for this chapter

Diem's POV

8 years ago

"Sweetie, do you want to go out with me today"

"Sure mommy" I run to my room to grab my shoes before heading back downstairs and see mommy grabbing her purse and keys"Where are we going?"

"To the park and the store"

"Can we go get ice cream"

"Sure sweetie" We out to the car and  drive off to the park. We arrive there shortly and park. I hop out of the car and run to the swings. I was almost on them before mommy grabbed my hand and pulled me away from them. "But mommy, i want to go on the swings"

"I want to show you something"We walk until we reach a field of flowers. I let go of my moms hand and run into the field. I fall on the ground on my stomach and start to pick the flowers. Mommy soon joins me on the ground."They're pretty aren't they?"

"Yes they are" I take the flowers that are in my hand and place them in her hair."Mommy you look like a princess"

Mommy soon take some flowers of her own and places them in my hair too"Now we both look like princesses" Suddenly she starts tickling me. I laugh out loud while trying to get away from her. Eventually I do and run away from her "Come back here my pretty"

"No mommy no" I run as fast as I could until I'm picked up and spun away in mommy's arms.

"I love you Diem,never forget that, and anything that happens to me is not your fault okay?"

"I love you too mommy"

--------------------------------

Bottle after bottle is being thrown into the cart until there are just five bottles in there

"Mommy what all those for" I ask as she starts to push the cart

"They're pain killers"

"What do they do"

"They take away pain"I tuck on mommy's pants and she looks down at me"What's wrong sweetie"

"Are you in pain?"

Mommy knells down to my level"yes sweetie, mommy is in a lot of pain. Okay,she's been in pain for a while now"

"And the pain killers are going to take that away?"

"Yes sweetie, they're going to take all my pain away"She starts to cry tears out of happiness. Why wouldn't she be happy. her pain is going to be going away

We soon leave the store and are now home.

"Daddy!" I run into my daddy's arms and he picks me up and kisses me

"How are you and why do you have all these flowers in your hair?"

"Mommy took me to this field of flowers and we become princesses."

"Did you now"

"Yeah"

"Well that sound fun, why don't you go up to your room and rest for a bit okay?" I nod my head and he puts me down before I run up to my room. I climb into my bed and soon i'm asleep

-----------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of a scream. I get up and walk out of my room. I don't see anyone but I hear noise up stairs. I run up them and go to mommy and daddy's room. I walk in there and see daddy hold mommy in his arms while she's sleeping. Around them are the bottles of pain killers that mommy brought earlier. Some of the bottles are open.