37:Finally Happy

I didn't want to proof read this before posting it so if there are mistakes and grammar errors, I'm sorry, I'll fix them later

Diem's POV

Two weeks later

I don't look too bad, I mean yeah I have scars, of course but I don't look bad.

 My stitches have been removed and my bullet hole is finally closed.  Thank god, it's been hard showering injured. Dalen has had to help me sometimes but I don't think he's complaining.

I've been staying with the guys at the safe house because Dalen doesn't want me out of his sight no matter what. So for the past two weeks, I've spent it watching movies, playing video games and hanging out Dalen. Since I wasn't fully recovered, Dalen has been....'touchy' and it's been great but torture at the same time. I want to do his birthday night all over again.

I put on my bra and panties before putting on my leggings and long sleeve black shirt. Chez and Erik snuck over to my house and grabbed some of my clothes and things. Grabbing a pair a socks, my phone starts to ring. I grab it and see it's my dad. Shit!

"Hi dad. I'm sorry that I've haven't been home. Um....something came up and I had to be here with the guys"

"That's fine honey. Just can you come home right now, I want to talk to you, alone" Okay, when has my dad ever called me honey?

"Okay, I'll have Dalen bring me over in a few minutes"I grab my shoes and start to put them on

"No, come by yourself. As much as I care for that boy, I just want it to just the two of us"Standing up from the bed, I twist my face in confusion

"Dad, are you okay, you're talking weird" I walk out of Dalen's room and start to head down the stairs

"Yeah, honey just come home now" The line went dead. What if he's thinking about hurting himself? What if he's in trouble? I got to get home

Running the rest of the way down the stairs, I go into the lounge room and walk right up to Dalen. "I need your car keys"He raises a brow at me with an amused look on his face"Please"

"Why do you need my car"

"I have to go home"Dalen stands up so that now he's towering over me.

"No"

"Dalen, I have to go home, I think something is wrong with my dad"I really need to get going"I'll be back in an hour"

"45 minutes"

"50"

"35"

"You went lower"

"I'm aware"Sighing I lean into him and wrap my arms around his waist while placing my chin on his chest

"Dalen, please, I have to make sure he's okay. I'll call you if I need you okay?" He didn't say anything but place his hand on my cheek and stroke under my eye with his thumb.

"Dude, just let her leave"For once, thank you Erik for interrupting our moment. Reaching into his pants, Dalen pulls out his key and gives them to me

"Call me when you get there and when you are heading back"

"I will"I reach up and give him a quick peck" I'll be back soon"

Running out of the house, I get to Dalen's Tesla and get in. Dad, please be okay

--------------------------------------

"I just got there" I pressed send and climbed out of the car and run up to the door. I unlock it and and open the door "Dad!"

"In here honey"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the nickname 'kiddo'. I rush over to the kitchen and right when I walk in I feel something being pressed to my head. Looking forward, I see dad tied to a chair with blood dripping down from his face. There are five guys around him holding, what I think are pistols.