Chapter 4

My heart was probably going to win the war, I decided. Chris was too kind and hot for me to refuse him. Why was I even putting up a fight anyway? I know that I didn't want to fall in love, but I already had and it was too late to stop it. So why fight? "Chris I fell in love with you the first night I let my guard down, which was right after we first met."

"You let down your guard for me?" He asked, shocked.

"Yes. You were really important to me even though I didn't show it." I admitted. Chris smiled. "I fell in love with you the first time you looked in my eyes when I saved you from falling." He said happily.

If we were telling each other that we loved one another, now I definitely couldn't hide it anymore. I really couldn't fight. I had used up all my strength, and I didn't want to resist. This was the first time I was going to kiss Chris instead of him kissing me. I leaned in and he had no objection when my lips met his. I pulled up his shirt, slipping it off his head like in my dream. I felt the spark as my hand roamed his chest. I glanced down. I never thought that tattoos could look so good on somebody, but they did on him. When he pulled my body closer, I felt something hard tap against my thigh. "Chris!" I scolded. He smiled playfully. "What?" He asked innocently. I pushed off of his chest and sat on the opposite side of the couch. "Maybe you should leave." I stated with a smile. He sat up. "Please let me stay." He begged.

"Fine." I said. "But I'm not kissing you like that again today." I said, crossing my arms.

Chris came closer to me and kissed me again before I pushed him away. "Aww looks like you broke your promise already." He said. Chris unsuccessfully tried to get me to kiss him again, and when I refused he tackled me, rolling off the couch. I landed with him on top of me, straddling me and pinning my hands by my side. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I laughed but abruptly stopped when he took my lower lip between his teeth. My hands went limp, and he released them, moving his hands to my waist and sliding my shirt up. I groaned as I felt sparks wherever his hands roamed. Finally, I was able to roll over and get away from him. I knew what he wanted to do right now, and I couldn't let him. If he got what he wanted he would just turn around and leave again, and I didn't want anything like that to happen ever again. Chris stood up with a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"You scared?" He asked, still smiling.

"Of what?" I asked.

"You never had sex before?"

I blushed and shook my head no.

"So you're scared of me." He stated, smiling like he was playing a game. It probably seemed like a game to him.

"No I'm not scared of you I'm scared of you leaving me. I don't want to have that happen to me again." I admitted. Why was I being so completely honest with him?!

"I won't leave you." He whispered, stepping closer.

"I've been told that before, by someone who later on ended up leaving me. So I can't accept words or a promise. I need you to show me." I said.

Chris sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Okay. Well come here and in time ill show you." He said with a wink.

I slowly made my way over to him and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. "I won't leave you, and I won't stop saying that until you believe me." He promised, kissing me on the cheek. This was one of the best days of my life. Finding someone new who could take the old pain away. I smiled and snuggled deeper into his embrace.

That night, it rained. Bad. It felt like a hurricane, and the rain was coming down too hard and fast for me to even be able to see outside. There was no way I was going to let Chris drive home in the rain, so what other choice did I have? I only had a bed and a couch, and I urged Chris to take the bed. After all, he was the guest, and I wasn't going to make him sleep on the couch.

"No it's okay I'll take the couch." He pleaded.

"Chris just stop and take the bed. I've slept on the couch before."

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way." He warned. I crossed my arms and sat on the couch.

"Okay, then. The hard way. No one gets the couch." He said. Before I had time to process what he was saying I was in the air.

"Hey!" I protested. Chris continued to carry me up the stairs. He opened the door to my room and dropped me on my bed.

"FINE. You can have the couch." I said.

"Nope. I gave you a chance. Now no one gets the couch."

"Then where are you gonna sleep?"

"The bed. With you." He said with a smirk.

"But-" I saved my words. He was already climbing into the bed, and I knew there was no way I could get him out.

"Okay whatever. Just stay on your side of the bed." I warned.

Of course, being Chris, he just felt an urge to break my rules. After about three minutes I felt a warm pair of arms wrap around me and a warm body pressed up against mine. He was too comforting for me to be able to shake him off, so I let him hold me like that. I turned around so my head lay against his chest, and he tightened his arms around me. After that I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

When I woke up, I was shocked to be laying against someone's warm chest. Then I realized who that someone was. I relaxed. His arms were still tight around me, and my head was still laying on his chest. Just like yesterday, I could feel his breathing and hear his heartbeat against my ear. It calmed me. He had fallen asleep with his head resting against the top of my own. I pressed my lips against his neck.

"Chris." I whispered. He stirred.

"Hmmm?" He asked, still partially asleep.

"Chris! Get up." I whispered louder.

He loosened his arms and pushed me back a little so he could look in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I told you to stay on YOUR side of the bed." I scolded.

"Well telling me to do something doesn't usually work." He said.

"I've noticed."

He leaned in and kissed me long and hard.

"Am I forgiven?" He asked in a pleading tone.

"Ugh. Fine. But only because your so hot." I said.

"You think I'm hot?" He asked.

"I didn't say that." I lied.

"Yes you did." He said with a smile.

"Don't worry. I think I'm hot too." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "You would say that wouldn't you?"

His only response was a smile. God, how I loved his smile.