Chapter 13

KYLIE POV

I couldn't believe he was here. He was actually here, with his arm wrapped around my shoulders as he drove me to wherever he was going. I had missed him so much, but I still didn't deserve it. I had tried to apologize, but he didn't want to hear it. I didn't know why he wasn't listening to me, but I was content for now. In seconds he pulled up to a McDonalds drive thru and ordered a fairly large meal for me. My mouth started watering. I didn't care what I are right now, I just needed food.

After I had eaten, Chris pulled me into his chest and held me there. I could hear his heart beating steadily, and I sunk gratefully into his embrace.

"Can I apologize now?" I whispered. He shook his head and tightened his arms around me.

"I already know what you're going to apologize for, and I accept your apology, so don't waste your breath." He assured me. I smiled into his chest, but the expression felt foreign. I hadn't smiled in a long time, but I was glad that he understood me. And I was finally beginning to accept the fact that he still loved me. He stroked my hair and continued to hold me, when a thought occurred to me.

"Where's Michael?" I asked. He stiffened.

"Why?" He asked, anew bubbling under the surface of his tone. I shrugged.

"Just wondering if you killed him after..." I trailed off, and Chris sighed.

"I kicked him out and told him not to come back after we had a small argument. It was nothing." He said.

"Oh." I replied. We sat there silently for a few minutes, and I could feel the tension growing before Chris finally spoke.

"You kissed him before that day I walked in on you." He said. I stiffened.

"W-what?" I replied, my mouth going dry as my heart beat faster in nervousness and guilt.

Chris pulled me away so he could look in my eyes.

"You kissed him before." He repeated slowly, searching my eyes for a reaction.

"He told you?" I whispered. Chris nodded, his eyes growing darker.

"Explain." Chris said, trying to hold back his anger.

"I was at the bar, w-watching you perform and then he came over and he just k-kissed me and then I told him not to do it again or I would tell you and he said fine but I never t-told you because I was nervous and because a part of me... Liked it." I admitted, stammering a bit in my explanation.

"So you do have real feelings for him?" Chris asked, sadness appearing in his expression. I cradled his face in my hand, and he held it there, leaning into my palm.

"Not anymore." I whispered, successfully holding back my tears.

One second Chris and I were staring wordlessly into each others eyes, and the next second out lips crushed together and we were kissing like there was no tomorrow. He moaned in my ear when I took his lower lip between my teeth, and I gripped him tighter, never wanting to let him go. When he pulled away minutes later, we were both gasping for breath and my head was spinning with dizziness.

"I love you, and only you." I panted. He hugged me again and pressed his lips to my ear.

"I love you too." He replied.

***

The next few days were spent at Chris' house, and then he surprised me by asking me to move in with him. I agreed and a week later, we were still living happily. Eventually Chris called Michael to apologize, and Michael came over to see us. Chris was wary the whole time as he held me close to him, but all my feelings for Michael had disappeared. I now thought of him in a brotherly way, and he surprised us by introducing us to his new girlfriend. I was happy for him, and so was Chris.

***3 months later***

Chris and I were at his mom's house, and the mood in the air indicated he was hiding something. Michael and his girlfriend were there also, as were some of Chris' friends. I didn't know why everyone was here, but I didn't say anything. We all ate dinner and then everyone looked at me expectantly. I heard Chris take a deep breath, and I turned to see him standing on one knee with a ring in his hand.

"Kylie, will you... Marry me?" He asked, his eyes pleading. I nodded, tears coming down my face as he slipped the ring on my finger. I threw myself into his arms and everyone applauded as he kissed me. I was so happy. I never wanted to spend my life with anyone other than Chris. He was perfect, and now, he was mine.

"Don't ever leave me again." He whispered in my ear as he continued to hold me in his embrace.

"I won't. I promise." I said, and I knew those words were true, because right now, I was right where I belonged. In his arms.

And I never wanted to be anywhere else.

Ever.

__________________

Btw guys, this story has come to an end (I know, so sad) :( but it's mostly cause I ran out of ideas and I didn't want to start re using ideas from my other stories because then it just becomes too repetitive :/ anyway, hope you guys enjoyed reading this ^_^ make sure to check out my other stories, none of them are even CLOSE to being done yet :)