Chapter 2

When I woke up the next morning, I threw up a lot and took some Tylenol for my headache. It wasn't as bad as last night, but i still wanted to get rid of it. I went downstairs to find my friends still sleeping. I went to the kitchen and made some breakfast, and after I ate I felt much better. I tried to remember last night, and I dropped my spoon with a clatter when I remembered. I had fallen in love with a celebrity who was coming to pick me up for lunch later today. I glanced at the clock. 12 pm. Okay, I had a little time. I got dressed and did my hair, trying to make myself look good so that I would actually look like I had gotten enough sleep. When I finished it was 1:45. I came downstairs and waited on the couch for Chris to come. I watched my friends sleep. Wow, they must have been WAY more drunk than I was. A couple minutes later, the doorbell rang.

I was nervous as I walked to the door. I slowly opened it to see Chris' face. He was wearing a warm smile, his dark brown eyes glinting in the sunlight. He reached out and took my hand before dropping it abruptly. "Oh I forgot you don't want me to hold your hand." He said. I reached down and curled my fingers around his.

"No it's fine. I'm sorry I was rude yesterday."

Chris smiled and led me to his car, shutting the door behind me.

"It's fine, it was probably just the alcohol. Well, most of it was. I could tell that you were really nervous to be around other men."

"I'll explain in the car." I said with a sigh. Chris nodded and opened my door. I climbed in and he got in the other side. He started the engine and pulled out of my driveway. I glanced at Chris' face occasionally in the car. "I'm waiting." He reminded me.

"Oh yeah. Well, when I was in high school, I met this guy and I fell in love with him. I loved him a lot and then one day I found out he was cheating on me. He continued to lie to me even when I held the evidence right in front of his face and then he got really pissed off and told me to leave and he never wanted to see my face again. Then he got together with the other girl and walked around with her in public to provoke me. I loved him with every part of me and he was just using me. I felt really betrayed and heart broken and I promised myself I would never fall in love again after that." Tears began to run down my cheeks and Chris pulled me into his side, embracing me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"It's okay. I've moved on from him."

"I know but it still hurts you."

"It's okay Chris." Chris let me go and a couple minutes later we were at our destination. I was too busy sulking to realize where we were, even when we went inside. Chris slipped through the crowd unnoticed and whispered something to the waiter behind the counter. He nodded to Chris and led us to the back corner of the restaurant in the shadows so Chris wouldn't be spotted. Chris sat down and the waiter hurried off to get us a server.

"Kylie you know not every man out there is like that. I'll admit that there are quite a bit of them, but not all of them are like that. I know it may be scary but you should give someone else a chance." Chris explained. I looked down at a scratch on the table. "I know Chris but I hid my feelings so much I never knew what I even felt for anyone, and I didn't let that wall down until last night-" I snapped my mouth shut when I realized I'd said too much. Chris didn't seem to notice. "Well at least you let the wall down. Now you can start looking." He said with a smile. I nodded weakly. "You could give me a chance." He whispered, sliding his hand across the table. His fingers touched mine and I pulled my hand back as our server approached. Chris ordered our drinks and then turned back to me.

"I don't know if I'm ready for that yet." I said. "It's okay then. I'll just be your friend until you want me to be something more." Chris said with a shrug. "What if I never want to be something more?" I asked.

"Then we can just be friends." He said, but I caught a hint of sadness with his words.

After we ate, Chris led me to his car and we climbed in. We had really gotten to know each other better, and he was actually a really good person. When we arrived at my house, Chris walked me to the door nervously. When I opened the door, Chris closed it again and made me face him. When I was face to face with him, he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. I definitely wasn't expecting this. Chris' soft full lips moved with mine for about two seconds before he pulled away. He slid his hands off my waist and turned around, heading back to his car. I was stunned. I could still taste his lips against mine. They were so soft and they made me want more. I shook my head, angry at myself. I was stupid. I sat on the couch and waited a good fifteen minutes before realizing that I wanted to see Chris again. I had no way of contacting him except for- except for the number he had given to me.

I sprinted upstairs and found my jeans from yesterday, checking both the pockets and pulling out the slip of paper Chris had given me. I unfolded it and saw his number, smiling eagerly as I punched it into my phone and saved it to my contacts. Then I clicked 'new message' and began to type.

"Hey Chris."

"Hey. Wyd"

"Nothing just bored. Btw thanks for taking me out"

"Np. ;)"

"You were right about starting over. I think I really need to."

"Yeah u do."

"Thanks for the kiss ;)"

"Oh u noticed that o.O"

"Is tht sarcasm I hear -_-"

"No not at all."

"Okay. Well can you come ovr tomorrow"

"Sure wt time"

"It doesn't matter I'm free all day."

"K ill b there."

"Thnks."

"Ok. Bye <3"

"Bye."

I put down my phone and grinned. Maybe I would try to give Chris a chance. My mind was screaming no but my heart was screaming yes yes yes. I needed someone like him in my life, he had been absent for too long.