9

It was like any other morning wake up, stretch, cool water to wash my face. Looking in the mirror instead of being confused, I know the person looking back. No more wondering who the killer is I am Meadow Granhardy Lazadien, and I am going to kill everysinglelast Doll. "Meadow come downstairs pap said breakfast is almost ready."
Lilly said threw the door she sounded like she was on auto pilot. I also knowing that crazy old goat, He used different colorful words. Lilly said pretty nice words. The floorboards creeks with every step. Pappy gave me blue jeans and a green and black checkered button up shirt. It belonged to his ex girlfriend he said. When I stepped in the kitchen Pappy was cooking eggs and sausage. I loved the smell of his cooking. It makes me feel like someone cares. "Don't just stand there get your coffee and sit your ass down!" And there it was the reason I love the old goat. He sassed me knowing, I would never do anything to him. He was like the father I once had. I laugh making my coffee. "Yes sir cranky pants sir." I said sitting with anti murder juice. "Thats Captain Cranky Pants to you!" he pointed the greasy spatula at me. "My apologies Captain." I sassed before taking a sip of my coffee. The other Dolls come in soon after to my surprise they looked like death. "You all look like shit. What happened~?" Asking the last part with a smirk. The one called Jackson groaned "Back at ya dick trap."
He said his head now resting on the table. "Oh was I too much for you." I laughed Kenzi looked away sad. oh I know that look all to well. My guess he doesn't know or just doesn't want anything from her. Poor kid rejection is hard but you will live. "You try sleeping next to a chain saw and see how much sleep you get." Oh lord Pappy struck again. I was about to say something ,when a loud explosion came from the mines. Without a moments hesitation we all ran to help. Blood stained the grey dirt as some men lay on their sides.
"Ten of our men are still down there! We have to get them out before, the mine completely collapse. " One of the wounded said. "Jackson ,Leo find a shovel and pickaxe. Anna, Kenzi get clean water and bandages. Triplets take who you can away from the site we need all the room we can get. Lilly, Pap see if anyone would be willing to help us."
I said starting to help Leo and Jackson dig. It took hours but, when we got to them It was to late all had perished to the Mines. Jackson placed a hand on my shoulder. "We tried knowing this was a possibility. It looks like it was instant nothing we could have done."
oh how I wished he was wrong. This is what happens when dolls come around death follows us like a overbearing shadow. Once the men were pulled out and layed the poor souls. The families came to identify the bodies. Some left newly started families others left pregnant women. It was hard to watch the suffering they endure. "They were good men all of them sat at my table from time to time. Ben talked to me about being scared of messing up like his father. Joebo he would go on and on about his boy going on to college leaving this hell whole behind. They were all good men with the best intentions for their families. Though they had left us to soon, They will always be in our hearts and memories. We push on and live for them."

Pappy said whipping away his tears. "We haven't seen something like this since the grate war. It has tooken so much from us and only gave back so little. We hope that whenever they end up that the next life is a happy one."
One of the village midwifes said sad by the loss. This is why we don't like staying in one place long. It wont take long for someone's death be blamed on you. Glancing over I spot Jackson and Leo have a knowing look. They did I know it and I will get some answers. Lilly didn't bother coming to the service I hope she had nothing to do with this.

Lilly pov

I could tell my sister is suspicious of me. Jackson is certainly not making things any easier for me. All I can do now is run and hope she doesn't follow. I take a quill and paper leaving a letter for her. I can't keep pretending nor will I hand my sister over to that sadistic fuck.
Once dawn was apon us I will be gone. Walking past her door I couldn't help but peak in. She was asleep and looked so peaceful. "Forgive me Meadow. " I whispered closing the door gently behind me. I make it down the stairs and out the door only to be met by Pappy. His arms were crossed. "I can not stop you if you leave. I just hope you know that this means in our eyes you are fighting for them. You will no longer be welcome here." He said a pleading look in his eyes. He did not want us to be pinned against eachother. "I'm afraid its to late to stop this Paps. But rest assured they won't pin us against each other. Hard to fight someone when your already dead." I said walking past him.