Ch. 60 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS

Nova's outfit:

Chapter Sixty💰 Smoke and Mirrors 💰

Chapter Sixty
💰 Smoke and Mirrors 💰

"I still don't like relying on these things." Derek said looking down at all the guns that covered the table. "I get it- you miss your power. I would, too." Braeden said and Derek sighed and shook his head, "It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless." Derek said and Nova set down the gun she was helping load and grabbed his hand.

"I'm human... Do I look helpless?" Breaden said as she finished loading a gun, "You're a much better shot than me." Derek chuckled but was still deep in thought while Braeden walked away to go do something. Nova sighed and squeeze his hand, "Do you really think you won't be coming back?" She asked stepping closer to him.

"Not alive." He said, wrapping his arm around her waist, "You know I'm not okay with that." Nova said and he sighed, smiling sadly at her and cupped the side of her face bringing her into a gentle but passionate kiss. He rested his forehead against her after pulling away with a small sigh, "I am... If it saves Scott and Kira." He said, kissing her forehead before looking back down at the table, "But, to be honest, I don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one Berserker."

"Not even close." Peter said making them look over at he walked down the spiral stairs. "Doesn't he have his own place?" Nova muttered while rolling her eyes. "Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human." He said as Braeden walked back over to them.

"Well, the only person we know with that kind of experience is Argent, and he's not getting back to any of us." Derek said and Peter shrugged, "Well, then you're going to need help... Like Malia, maybe Liam, and definitely me." Peter said making Nova squint at him with pursed lips.

"I still don't like or trust you." She said making him roll his eyes, "Honestly Violet, I don't see why you hate me so much." He said and she looked raised her eyebrows, looking at him like he was an idiot.

"Peter, I could write a detailed, hundred page essay on why I don't like you."

💰

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked as Nova and Braeden got out of the van. "I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden said and Stiles pursed his lips, "Yeah, I thought that was just a cover." Stiles said as Derek and Peter pulled up.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked gesturing at Liam who came to stand next to Nova, "Are we really bringing him?" Stiles asked pointing at Peter. We're bringing everyone that we can. And, considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter said making Malia look at him confused. "What's that mean?"