Ch. 17 - VENOMOUS

Nova's outfit

Chapter Seventeen 🦎 Venomous 🦎

Chapter Seventeen
🦎 Venomous 🦎

Hurrying down the corridor for their next class, Stiles whispers to Scott and Nova, "I only found one thing online called the Kanima. A werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers." He said and Nova huffed, "That thing wasn't a jaguar."

"And I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles said. "But you did see it kill someone. Which is probably why it tried to kill you. And probably still wants to kill you. And probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott said walking off.

"You know, some days I really begin to question our friendship." Stiles said at the same time as Nova said, "Scott, you've been hanging out with Stiles too much."

🦎

Dropping into a seat behind Scott and next to Nova in the beginning of class, Jackson leans forward. "Hey, testicle left and right, Harry Potter." He said making Nova look at him with a glare. "What the hell's a Kanima?" He asked making Scott and Stiles spin back to Jackson in panic. But before they can respond Coach slams a book against his desk.

"Listen up. Quick warning before we
begin our review. Some of you-like
McCall-might want to form study
groups since tomorrow's midterm is
so profoundly difficult I'm not even sure I could pass it. All right, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question."

Hands go up around the boys as they continue their surreptitious conversation. "Paralyzed. From the neck down. You have any idea what that feels like?" Jackson said and Stiles nodded, "I'm familiar with the sensation." He said.

"You know Jackson, you're the only person that things happen to."

"Wait, why would Derek test you? Why would he think it's you?" Scott asked making Nova's eyes widen and suck in a deep breath, she forgot to tell them about him. Oops.

"How should I know?"

"Do they think it's Lydia?" Nova asked, "All I heard was her name. And something about Chemistry."

"Jackson, you have something you
want to share with the class?" Coach asked making them all look at him alarmed, "Just an undying admiration for my Coach."

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?" Coach yelled making Nova cringe a bit. Maybe she should slip some calming potion in his coffee.

"How do we know it's not her?" Scott whispered to Stiles and Nova. Nova opened her mouth to say something but Stiles spoke first, "Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day." He said and Nova made a face, "Stiles, that's not a very good argument." She said.