Ch. 59 - A PROMISE TO DEATH

Nova's outfit

Chapter Fifty-Nine💰 A Promise to Death 💰

Chapter Fifty-Nine
💰 A Promise to Death 💰

Nova laid in bed with her head on Derek's chest and his arms wrapped securely around her. They had been awake most of the night just talking about everything until Nova finally started to fall asleep. While she was about half asleep, Derek was still wide away, the thoughts in his head not letting him sleep.

Suddenly the alarm sound went off making them shoot up and look over to see the red light flashing. Derek got up, grabbing his gun off the table while Nova followed. They slowly and cautiously looked around the loft until they noticed that someone was outside the door. Derek slowly walked over to the door and opened it, pointing his gun st whoever it was but froze when they saw it was Lydia.

Nova went to say something but before she could, Lydia suddenly let out a put scream, looking directly at Derek. They covered their ears until the screaming stopped and slowly looked up to a slightly dazed Lydia. Derek and Nova glanced at each other for a moment, knowing exactly what that means before Nova let out a shakey breath. "Come on Lyds, let's get you home." She said, directing Lydia out of the loft, Derek following behind.

When they got back home as after dropping Lydia off, Nova turned to Derek. "Der-" She said in a broken whispered and he nodded and pulled her into him.

"I know. I know."

💰

Derek looked at the duffel bag full of cash with pursed lips, "Okay." He said making Scott look at him confused, "Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it?" Scott asked and Derek just smiled slightly. "How much do you make at the animal clinic?" Derek asked as Nova sat down on the arm of the couch next to him.

"Minimum wage." Scott answered and Derek nodded and shrugged, "That's why. Everyone can be tempted, Scott- even a True Alpha." Derek said and Scott still just looked at him confused. "You're not angry?" Scott asked and Derek shook his head. "It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter."

"Where's your money?"

"You're standing on it." Derek said making Scott look down at the ground for a moment before looking back up at them with wide eyes. "There's another vault?" Scott asked completely astonished making Derek and Nova glance at each other, chuckling. "No, I own the building. And I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's. I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back." Derek said and stood up and zipped up the bag before looking back at Scott.

"I know Lydia was here last night." Scott said making Nova suck in a deep breath as Derek glanced over at her, "Deaton's still working on figuring out what Kate did to you. If anyone can find an answer, it's him." Scott said and Nova nodded and grabbed Derek's hand, "Let's hope so."

"So there was something I wanted to ask you guys." Scott said making them both look at him, "I was wondering if I could use the loft for a date with Kira? We haven't real date yet." Scott asked and Derek and Nova smiled at him. "You can use the loft." Derek said making Scott smile as Nova stood up and patted him on the shoulder, "If you need a cute date idea, theres a couple boxes in the room over there with a crap ton of lights. Feel free to use them." Nova said and Scott looked at her with a smile and thanked her.

Nova winked at him before walking over and grabbing her and Derek's jackets. "Let's leave the love stick teenager to set up his date."

💰

"I don't like this." Nova muttered, looking out over the city. After running some errands, Derek and her decided to go sit at the peserve while Scott had is date at the loft. Derek sat against the hood of the car while Nova leaned her back against him in between his legs, holding his hands that were wrapped around her. "Don't like what?" He asked, resting his chin on the top of her head.

"I don't like sitting around after a banshee came to the loft and screamed while looking directly at you." She said and he sighed and kissed the top of her head. "We aren't just sitting around. We're spending time together." He said making her sigh and shake her head. "I hate knowing that this could possibly be the last time we really get to spend time together."

"Well, if it makes you feel better this means you'll be the last person I love." He joked making her chuckle and turn around in his arms. "Was I not going to be in the first place?" She asked and he smiled and leaned down to kiss her, "I already kinda figured I was gonna be the last person you love anyways. Considering according to yourself, you had a massive crush on me in high school and according to Peter, I was actually your first love." She teased making him groan and drop his head onto her shoulder.

"You're never gonna let me live that down are you?" He asked and she laughed, "Hell no." She said and sighed after a few minutes of silence, "I'm still hoping that knowing beforehand mean we could save you." She said and he lifted his head back up to look at her.

Derek smiled softly at her and nodded, while Nova rested her head on his chest. "Let's make a deal then." He said making her hum in question, "If I do survive whatever is coming then let's get married." He said making her head shoot up to look at him in shock.

"Wait, wait, wait. Really?" She asked and he smiled and nodded, "You want to get married?" She asked, completely shocked making him give her mock offended look. "Why is that so shocking?" He asked and she shrugged, "I honestly didn't think you believed in marriage." She mumbled making him chuckle. "I do when it's with you." He said making her smile, "So what do you say?" He asked and she sighed and smiled softly. "I don't know what to say." She said.

"A yes would be preferable." He chuckled and she smiled at him,"I really really really want to say yes, but what do I do if you don't survive?" She asked and he sighed, and tightened his arms arms around her. "Let's not think about that right now. So what do you say?" He asked and she smiled and nodded.

'Yes." She whispered making him smile and lean down to kiss her. But right as their lips met her phone started ringing making him growl under his breath and pull away as she pulled oil out her phone to see Stiles calling her. "Stiles." She said after answering

"Have you heard from or seen Scott or Kira?"

"Not since earlier why?"

"Because the game started awhile ago and neither of them has shown up or answered their phones."

"Uh- Okay, meet me at the loft." She said the hung up and looked at Derek and sighed, "Our job is never done."

💰

"What the hell happened?" Stiles asked as he and his father walked into the loft. Furniture was smashed all over the place and glass littered the floor from the broken window and a few broken light bulbs. Nova sat in the middle of the floor with her eyes closed while everyone else looked around. "It was supposed to be a date."

"They were both here?" Stilinski asked, "And they're both gone." Braeden answered and Stilinski looked at Nova. "What is she doing?" He asked and Derek sighed. "She's trying to see what exactly happened here." He answered as Stiles phone rang. "Hey-"

"Scott's been taken." Lydia said over the phone. "Scott and Kira. We just don't know where." Stiles said.

"Meixco." Nova and Deaton said at the same time making them all look at her, "And, if you want to save his life, that's where you're going, too." Deaton said as Derek helped Nova off the ground. "Kate took them. And we should probably leave as quickly as possible, they got attacked by a berserker.