My Tortured Past

Chapter 1

I swung my leg off of my motorbike and a looked at the wreck of a house in front of me.

The long overgrown grass, a broken window only covered up by a cut out of cardboard and shatters of glass broken bottles over the lawn.

What a perfect house that I live in. Note the sarcasm.

I picked my keys out my back pocket and walked up to the battered door, carefully sliding my key into the lock and silently opened the door.
I stood there for a few seconds to listen for any noise but all I heard was the snoring of a drunk man who doesn't even deserve to be called my uncle, passed out on the sofa.

I sighed in relief that I didn't have to deal with his drunken ass yet. I walked up the crooked staircase to what I guess was my bedroom, it isn't really a bedroom all it has is a single bed and mirror. All my clothes had to be piled up on the floor considering I don't have a wardrobe.

I threw my duffle bag onto the bed and walked over to the mirror, starring at my reflection I mentally took off my
worn out smile until I need to put it back on tomorrow. As I kept staring at the person in front of me and I hardly recognised myself.

my heart started to ache so I walked away from the mirror and closed eyes ignoring the pain eating inside me.

My stomach rumbled for food but I had no money to get some anyways, all the money I had before was taken away when I was robbed one night coming back here from work. I work as a bar maid in dinner down town called ' Hard Wire ' down town.

It's not the greatest job in the world but it has been paying me and I was saving up to get myself a flight to Hawaii by the end of this year if I was lucky. But no, some dick had to come and take everything I had that night when I worked a 15 hour shift and got paid a shit load of money for it. 

I leaned down and felt under the bed for any drink of food.

"Fuck" 

Nothing. As usual.

I groaned and rolled over onto my side, looking out the small window into the multi-coloured LA sky.

It really is a beautiful place.

I used to love ridding my motorcycle out to the highest cliff and just watch the sky change colours, red, orange, yellow, pink. Only a few clouds and the sun setting into the ocean.

I can't enjoy it anymore. Not since.. Well I'm not reminding myself.

Inhaling deeply, I closed my eyes and tried to shut out the world.. But that never happens.

"You fucking whore Ava, get down here!" My uncle bellowed.

Fan-fucking-tastic he's awake.

Standing up I walked towards my door, blinking back the tears threatening to fall.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked down the stairs. In front of me was a monster..

"What is it uncle" I kept my voice low. I did not want to anger him anymore then he already was.

"Shut the fuck up I know you took my last bottle of vodka, you little bitch!" He yelled and I stepped back a bit.

" I don't know what your talking about" I replied, looking down at my shoes. I wouldn't even dare to look at him.

Silence.

Not a single sound.

I looked up at him.

He stood there jagged, holding a empty beer bottle tightly in his hands.

I instantly knew what was coming.. I knew I would be needing a lot of bandages in the morning as well..

" You ruined everyone's life! You destroyed my life, your parents life, your brothers! No body will ever forgive you for what you did!"  He screamed at me with so much hate red in his voice I felt myself backing up even more.

" No body will ever care or love you again and do you know why?" 

" Because we all.. Fucking.. Hate you."

He can charging towards me, determination in his eyes as he turned me around and threw me against the wall.

" SHIT! " I screamed out in agony.

He threw another bottle at me as it smashed against my back, cutting me. He threw another and another and another.. Until I collapsed on the floor.

He laughed. A evil laugh in the back of his throat.

"Pathetic."

He crouched down beside me yanking my chin to look at him.

"You are.. Pathetic."

He pulled his hand away and walked out the door slamming it behind him.

I felt the blood dripping down my back onto the floor, the pain aching all through my body. I held my breath trying not to cry, trying to stay strong.

I deserved this.

Thats all I kept thinking, until darkness took over me.