66. Puzzle

Maan was in deep thought after the call he received from Canada.

It's been a while since he had shown an interest in how the sister concern run by his brother in Canada was doing. Frankly, after the fall out, he stopped caring.

Now, he realized he shouldn't have. He had had a chat with one of his oldest friends and a stakeholder of the Canada branch, who gave him an information, he didn't see coming.

Dev was no longer the CEO. And it wasn't a decision stemmed from the board. It was voluntarily put up by Dev.

As a shareholder of the company, Maan thought it was time he read through the financial health of the company. And only when he was going through it had he realized something.

The accounts were all there, without any major mishaps. There were a couple of investors who had come in recently, pumping money in the organization, making it stable again.

Dev seemed to have handled the situation very well which is why he had managed to pull it out of ruins.

However, Maan thought, lost deep in thought, there was a huge chunk of personal debt Dev had been in earlier, and that debt never showed up from the company's funds, which showed they are taken care of.

And Maan wondered how was that possible.

It was then he had received another call, from the detective he had employed, in Hoshiyarpur.

"Sir" he heard the detective's sombre voice.

"I talked with a few people who sold the Handa's property to you. The middlemen through whom you bought the property do not have the contact of the party that approached them. But..."

"But?" Maan prompted.

"The only unusual thing there was the buyer and seller seemed to share the same surname, they said." He paused "His surname is also Khurana"

Maan felt the inside of his stomach clench.

"Anything else?"

"Yes. There was a suspicious activity in Hoshiyarpur earlier today. Someone was enquiring about Geet"

"Who?"

"The locals couldn't recognize him. But rest assured he is not Brij or any of his friends" he said, addressing his employer's doubts.

"Find out who he is"

"At it Sir" said the man and disconnected the call.

Maan sat there, the lines of his face reflecting the agony he had gone through in the past few years.

He called back the detective, and paused when he had picked up.

"Yes sir?"

"I need a favour"

"Name it, Sir"

"Track the credit card details of a person, to figure out a few things."

"Sure. Text me the details"

Maan grunted before disconnecting the call. It wasn't long before the detective had received the details. And in there was the details of Dev Khurana.