Chapter 9: Team Lunar's Illusion!

Marshall gave a slight chuckle as he looked at the Team Lunar grunts who outnumbered him and his friends.

"Um..we can talk about this?" He said sheepishly.

They sent out their Pokemon, the one leading them was a Bisharp, two of them had Pawniards, and two of them had Stunky.

"1..3..5." Marshall said, as if trying to plan something. Lucas and Kylie just looked at him hopelessly. "Come on! Show me what you got!" Marshall snarled. Absol, Lycanroc, and Nei all stepped forward. He looked back at his friends. "A little help?"

They looked a bit surprised, but they rose to their feet. Raboot and Combusken looked at their respective trainers with looks of determination as they stepped forward. Pachirusu stayed on Kylie's shoulder, and Lucas's other Pokemon stayed in their Pokeballs.

"The leader didn't say he had 5 Pokemon!"

"It doesn't matter! Just take them down!"

"Absol! Use Shadow Ball on Bisharp! Lycanroc, use Brick Break on one of the Pawniard! Nei, use Dragon Pulse on the other!"

"Raboot! Use Flame Charge on Stunky!"

"Combusken! Use Double Kick on the other Stunky!"

The attacks were sudden and quick. The Bisharp and Pawniard however, were quicker. They dodged the attacks that were sent at them. The same couldn't be said for the Stunky, however, who got hit by the strong attacks that were sent at them. They were however still fighting fit.

"Bisharp! Use Metal Claw!"

"Pawniard! Use Assurance!"

"Use Assurance!"

"Use Feint, Stunky!"

"Use Feint as well!"

The Pokemon all unleashed the attacks, targeting the Pokemon that had attacked them at first. Each and every Pokemon were struck by the moves, doing a lot more damage than expected. Heck, Nei almost fainted from Assurance.

"These guys are way strong!" Lucas said. "What do we do?!"

"I'm not sure, you need to give me time to think!" Marshall snapped.

The Bisharp went to attack Raboot, and Kylie tackled Raboot to move him out of the way. "These aren't just normal Grunts, I think these are admins!"

"Oh, really?! What made you think that?!" Marshall snapped as he had his Pokemon repeat the attacks. "They're much stronger than us, we don't stand a chance!"

"Combusken! Flamethrower!"

"We just need to hold them off! Someone might come to help!"

Absol had fainted, and so did Nei. Marshall returned them. Only one of their Stunky had fainted.

"Lycanroc, use Rock Slide!" He said. Lycanroc attacked the other Stunky, making it faint and once again evening the playing field, which didn't last long when Raboot fainted. Kylie returned him, looking at his Pokeball concerned.

"We're going to lose!" Marshall said.

"I still have an Espeon and Nidorino!"

"Send them out!" Kylie said.

"Espeon won't do anything against Bisharp and Pawniard!"

"We have to try anyway!" Marshall said. "Lycanroc, Brick Break!"

Lycanroc hit Pawniard with a Brick Break, KOing it as Lucas sent out Espeon and Nidorino.

The Bisharp and Pawniard attacked again, knocking out Lycanroc and one hit KOing Espeon.