Chapter 7: The Second Gym Challenge!

Marshall awoke to the bright light of the sun flowing in from the doorway, of which Kylie was standing in wait yelling at him to wake up. He overslept again.

"Alright, alright, I'm getting up, no need to shout," Marshall said with a particularly snappy tone. He waited for her to leave.

"Get up then,"

"I need to change!"

"Oh! I'm sorry," She apologized, as she left the room. Marshall threw off his night clothes and put on some comfortable clothes to wear while he was out and about and then walked outside. He tossed his Pokeball, sending out Lycanroc. He fell to the ground, somehow still asleep. Kylie giggled a little bit.

"He's still asleep, that's so cute," Kylie stated. Marshall fell to one of his knees and gently shook the sleeping wolf Pokemon.

"Hey, Lycanroc, it's time to get up," He said. Lycanroc eventually woke from his sleep looking around a little confused.

"Don't worry, it's just us," Marshall said. "You were still sleeping," Marshall added. Lycanroc gave a small but visible nod. Marshall then returned to his feet, and Lycanroc rose as well. Kylie was making sure her Scorbunny was awake. Scorbunny then hopped up on her shoulder and sat there.

"So, I believe we should get going," Marshall said. Kylie simply rose and turned to face him. She nodded. "I do believe so." Kylie walked ahead, and Marshall simply jogged up to her and kept pace next to her. "So, the Gym Leader. What's the next type?" He asked.

"If I don't recall, I think it's Dark," Kylie said. "But don't quote me on that," She said. "If it's Dark, we shouldn't have too much of a problem, right?" Marshall asked.

"Well, yes and no," Kylie said. "The Gym Leaders do get more Pokemon as we progress through. It's their way of testing whether we're actually getting a full team, as a Trainer can't just make it through with one Pokemon, at least, normally." She said. "So I recommend we catch another Pokemon for you. I think I might catch something myself." Kylie said.

"Then maybe we should go and get Pokeballs," Marshall said.

"Good idea," Kylie said. "I have none!" She exclaimed with a giggle.

They laughed as the proceeded to the Pokemart. Entering, the clerk gave them a smile, and they returned it. They walked to the counter. Marshall looked at his accumulated money.

He had about 7500 Poke.

"How many Pokeballs can I buy with this?" He asked, setting 4000 Poke on the counter.

"Why don't you buy Great Balls instead? They have a higher catch rate," The clerk said. "Here, the first one's on the house. If you're buying Great Balls, you can buy 6 for 3600 Poke." He said.

"Well, thanks! I appreciate that, thank you sir," Marshall said to the clerk. "Anytime, you're an aspiring trainer after all! I'd love to see you succeed." He said. Marshall took his newfound items and put them in his bag. 

"Could I also buy 13 Potions?"

He gave him the remainder of his Poke, which was 3900, and took the Potions, also stuffing them in his bag.

He didn't have any more room for anything in there, so he left the shop.

"So, do you know the Pokemon in the-"

Suddenly, a man yelling his head off came running by. "There's an Absol that's attacking the town!" Marshall looked at him as he ran by, then averted his glance, looking towards Kylie, before nodding and running in the direction the man had came from. He wasn't wrong. There WAS an Absol attacking the town. It was throwing Shadow Balls left and right, and even threatened people with Night Slash that came too close.