Chapter 2: Balled-up Anger

He didn't know why he did, it was midnight and people were sleeping, but he had so much balled anger rolling around in his pit of emotions he just started yelling at the Lycanroc. It was mostly about "How could you leave me?" And related topics, until his mom came in. She looked between the pair, the angry but crying boy and the hurt looking Lycanroc. She widened her eyes. "Why is there a Lycanroc in your bedroom!?" She exclaimed, almost ripping him away from Lycanroc. Even though Marshall was pissed, he couldn't leave his friend. He wriggled out of his mother's grasp, tripping a little, but going to Lycanroc. "Mom, the irises." He said, pointing to Lycanroc's eye. "It's him." He said. His mother just blinked for a moment, her expression unreadable. She sighed. "How?" She asked. "How did he know where to go, to come back? Didn't you go wild?" She said, flashing a look at Lycanroc. He always remembered his Rockruff as loving to his mother, so the last thing he expected was for Lycanroc to start growling at her. He put one of his arms, his sharp claws outstretched, in front of Marshall. "Lycanroc, it's just mom.." He said, putting his arm down. He was still angry, but it could wait. I grabbed Rockruff's old Pokeball, which was on a pedestal on my desk. "I have to test it." He said. He closed his eyes. "Lycanroc, return!" He said, and felt the Pokeball click open, and then close, as added weight was gained. "It is him." He said. "I don't know why I still doubted it." He said, irritated with himself. His mother sighed. "Alright, sweetheart, get some sleep, okay?" She asked. "I have errands to run tomorrow." She said. Marshall raised a brow. 'I could have sworn she said we weren't busy tomorrow.' he thought. He put Lycanroc's ball on the tabletop, and got back into bed. He watched his mom leave, and he stared down the ceiling, like it was some sort of staring contest. He shook his head. "I need to sleep.." He said, falling eventually into a somber slumber. This slumber lasted until the sun pierced the boys eyelids, along with something else. He felt a heavy weight on top of him. He opened his eyes, seeing the Lycanroc sleeping on top of him. "L-Lycanroc, it's time to get up- and how did you get out of your Pokeball?" He said, breathlessly. He saw the Lycanroc pop an eye open, looking at him, and then just closed it again. "Lycanroc! I saw that!" He exclaimed. He just turned over, his face turned to the ceiling. "Ugh, get off-" He said, squirming underneath Lycanroc. His was larger than most, being 5 feet tall. He continued to squirm. "Get off me!" He said. His Lycanroc gave a heavy sigh, before getting up. "Thank you-" But he just laid back down. "Ack-" He hiccuped, from Lycanroc's sudden crash into him. "Not again-" He said. Marshall eventually stopped struggling, just dealing with Lycanroc's weight. Instead, he tried to shove Lycanroc off him. Eventually, he got him off. "Finally." He sprung out of bed, avoiding another possible chance for Lycanroc to crush him again. Marshall sighed. "Alright, come on. We need to go to the kitchen, eat some breakfast." He said. He started to tug at Lycanroc. "Get up, you lazy bum-" He said, and Lycanroc just clung to his back in a sudden swing. He almost fell. "What the heck is up with you?" He asked. "You're being clingy.." He said. Marshall, annoyed by Lycanroc, walked out to the kitchen with him still attached to his back like a mushroom to a Parasect's back. He saw a note on the door. "Out for errands, be back soon." It said, and looked like it was wrote in a rush. "Must of been in a biiig hurry.." He said, sarcastically. "She's always like this." He said. Marshall's mother was prone to sudden things that needed doing. One time he tried to ask what it was she was doing, and, almost as if she didn't hear him at all, continued with whatever it was she was doing. It really annoyed him to be ignored, but he knew better than to talk back to his mother. He walked into his kitchen. "Lycanroc, if you don't get off, you don't eat." He said, not meaning it. Lycanroc whimpered, getting off his back. "Thank you. I still would have fed you, you know." Marshall said, and Lycanroc had almost jumped again, but he ducked. "Nope!" Lycanroc crashed into the counter. He stood up, continuing to make himself some pancake mix. "Lycanroc, go sit down." He said. "I'm going to feed you, no need to sit over my shoulder and watch." He said, getting more annoyed with the clingy Rock type by the second. Eventually, he heard him pout, but go sit down. "I'll give you attention later, I get it." He said. He, out of the corner of his eye, saw something dart outside the window. He looked out, curious. "What was that..?" He said, a bit nervous. He felt the same anxiety again when the piercing red eyes, which had belonged to his Lycanroc, outside. It scared him. Marshall's Lycanroc, sensing his anxiousness, came over, looking outside. "I know something is out there." He said. Lycanroc growled, looking at the door. There was a figure outside it, and it seemed to be peering in, though he couldn't tell fully. "Lycanroc, hide." He said, and the duo, Marshall and Lycanroc, made their way to the back of the house. That's when the commotion started. Several shattering of windows and and the door audibly being kicked off its hinges. It was at the front of the house, where they had just been. "We need to go, now." He said, concerned. "Lycanroc, do you know Rock Throw?" He said. Lycanroc nodded. "Use that move and block that door. We'll go out back." He said. Lycanroc did as commanded, and Marshall opened the backdoor, and, quietly, made their way out back. They hopped his tall back fence, and began to run down the hill. He heard someone yell "Where is the boy!? And the Lycanroc?!" They yelled. "In here, Minerva!" They shouted. "They found our wall. We should hurry." He said, and they made their way into the thickening forest, underbrush crunching under their feet as they pounded against the ground. After what seemed like hours of running, they were a bit far into the forest. Marshall fell to the ground, tired from the running, but also scared. He just got ran out of his own home. He doesn't know where his mom is, and those people are searching for him and his Lycanroc. Someone named Minerva. "Who is Minerva?" He said, curious. He took a deep breath, looking at Lycanroc. "What do we do?" He asked.

"We're on the run now. Without mom, or anyone else besides the two of us." He said. "This'll be tough."