Chapter 6: Traveling Issues

There was a heated argument ensuing between Levi and Marshall. Marshall said that he wanted to take it slow so that he could train, after all, he had a mission he was after, and wanted to complete it. Levi didn't feel that was necessary, and he wanted to just move instead of waiting for him to finish every battle. Kylie didn't have a say in the matter. Neither male would let the poor girl talk. 

Marshall quickly retorted to Levi's previous argument. "How do you expect to beat gyms without training?!"

Levi shook his head. "If I have a good strategy, I don't need to train."

Marshall glared. "Then what happens when you aren't strong enough? Then you'd have to train!" He argued.

Levi simply gave an eye roll. "No, that's not it. All I have to do is get a good tactical strategy!"

"And make your Pokemon dislike you because you constantly make them faint?" He said, venom coming with his words. The silence that befell between the boys as they glared at each other was enough to make even the strongest men and women fall weak to their knees. Kylie broke the silence.

"If you two can't agree, then we might as well travel alone!" Kylie said.

Marshall looked at her surprised. "Are you sure..?" He asked, breaking his glance from the relentlessness of Levi's stare.

She nodded. "Yeah!"

"Why don't you just have on of us come with you, and the other travel on his own?" Levi offered.

"That doesn't sound like a terrible agreement, yet, how would we decide?"

"A battle." Levi said.

"Oh boy.."

"I guess I'm referee." Kylie said.

The two of them backed away from each other to give ample distance, and tossed out their signature Pokemon.

Lycanroc.

...Lycanroc?

The trainer opposite of Marshall had sent out his own Lycanroc, that having been a Midday Lycanroc.

"You have a Lycanroc too? This'll be a pain.." He said.

"But you also have two Pokemon. You have the advantage." Levi said.

"You don't have a second one?" He asked.

"I do, but at the moment, he's resting."

"Ah."

"The battle will begin in 3..2..1..Battle!"

Marshall immediately went to make the command, but Lycanroc knew the move he'd chose and immediately went for Rock Throw.

Levi's Midday Lycanroc barely rolled out of the way, charging at Lycanroc with Accelerock.

Lycanroc of course got struck by the blinding Accelerock, but taking advantage of his thrown height in the air, Marshall made Lycanroc go for Rock Slide. The rocks came crashing down on Midday that it was impossible to see what happened through the dust cloud. He had been struck, but not struck down. He still stood, strong, not so much, but he stood. Midday used Rock Throw himself, and Lycanroc was struck again. He slid backwards, giving a murderous stare.

"Lycanroc, ROCK SLIDE!"

"Accelerock!"

The two Pokemon's moves collided, and it was practically an explosion of pebbles. Marshall and Levi covered their faces, and once the barrage stopped, they looked at the scene that befell. Midday had fainted, meaning Marshall had won the battle. Marshall jumped, pumping his fist into the air.