Prologue

It started when he was little. 9, maybe. His mom caught him a Rockruff, and, they quickly became friends. They did everything together, played together, ate together, cried together. They were inseparable. The boy always knew which Rockruff was his, as his Rockruff had black eyes and blue irises instead of blue eyes and black irises. It didn't take long for his mom to of given the boy the Rockruff for his birthday. On his 10th birthday, the day he'd be able to become a Trainer. A few weeks after, they finished a training session, of which Rockruff was now being trained so the boy could figure out what to evolve it into. He was thinking of a Midnight Lycanroc. Those always appealed to the boy. He found them fascinating. He had gone to bed that night, tired from their rigorous training. He woke up the next morning, and Rockruff was gone. No traces of where he went, or why he left. His mother assumed it went wild because the boy had no gym badges. He was devastated. It destroyed him. He always hoped that one day, maybe, his Rockruff would come back. He wished to Jirachi, prayed to Arceus. Eventually, he thought if he kept wishing and praying, that his Rockruff would come home safe and unharmed. 5 years pass, since the day after his tenth birthday. The boy is 15, and has forgotten about his Rockruff. Until, one night, a mysterious knocking emanating from the window of his bedroom leads to a spiral of events that end up unforgettable, and possibly, unforgivable.