Chapter 13: Learn the Secret

Gah! I'm so sorry this took such a long time to come out. With my newfound job and my stressful advanced placement classes, I haven't had any time for this book and it makes me sad :(

B u u u t

Firstly, I want to say that I do want to finish this, and that finish will come soon!

Second, I will try my best to start uploading more for this. And if I don't within a week, I give you all permission  to spam comments and make me.
Of course, that's a joke, haha, but still. I'll try my best. Anyways, have fun reading!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kylie had a lot on her mind as of late. Travelling has been an interesting experience for her, with Raboot. Yet, she still hadn't figured out what it was she wanted to do after her journey was over. She's seen a lot of people and met just as many. Marshall and Lucas, her companions, were also very unique people, but she didn't want to pursue a career as a Trainer. She, at the very least, knew that much. Thinking about the boys, she directed her attention to them, which, at the other side of the campfire that they had taken 30 minutes to painstakingly create, were talking. They seemed to be relaying fond memories of their childhood to each other. At the very least, she knew they were cousins, but past that, not much else. Marshall was very reserved. She only knew that he was out travelling, from what she remembered, to search for something. His mother, she thought, also wasn't very involved in his life from the looks of it, but she wasn't entirely sure as to why. She had thought about asking a few times before, but they usually got caught up in other shenanigans that distracted her from the thought. Now, though, she believed she had the chance. She thought it'd be better, however, to wait until Lucas went to sleep first, since she knew that he would head to bed first. Meanwhile, said person ripped Kylie out of her thoughts.

"Kylie!" He shouted.

Agh, did he really have to shout so loudly?

"Yes, Lucas?" She replied, keeping a calm front.

"We've said your name a few times now, you seemed almost worried about something. Are you alright?"
"Oh dear. Yes, I'm alright. Thanks for your concern." She replied to Lucas quietly. "And just a suggestion, don't shout so loudly."
"Um, uh, sorry, Kylie." He said.
"So." Marshall began. "This journey has been a bit hectic, hasn't it?" He said.

"Just a little bit, but it's really not a big deal; It's been fun travelling with you and Lucas." Kylie began.

"Yeah, and I get to see my little cousin again." Lucas said.

"I thought we came to an agreement for you NOT to call me little cousin?"

"You're younger than him?"

"Yeah, you'd think-"

"That he was the older one." Lucas said implying Marshall.

"Huh. I guess you learn something new everyday." Kylie conveyed, looking at the pair curiously. She noted several similarities that made them look very polite. Same short stocky build, although Lucas was taller by a few inches. Same hair color. Both of their hair always had a messy outlook- Though Lucas's was curly while Marshall's was not, and their eyes were practically identical in color.

"So, Marsh. I've got a few questions for you though."

"And I, perhaps, might have a few answers for you."

"What made you suddenly change your mind about becoming a Trainer? Like, I get you wanted to have a Pokémon, but you said you were never going to travel. Why did you?"

"Well, let's just say a few things went down at home." He replied evasively.

"Did you and your mom get into a fight?"