Twenty six

Third Person

"We should probably head home." Zach said awkwardly as they both got up.

They got into Zach's car and started heading home. An uncomfortable silence filled the car. Neither one of them knew what to say. They didn't know how the other felt.

"Can we Uh talk about what happened?" Zach asked Chloe breaking the silence.

"Uh yea. I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to happen. Can we just pretend like it didn't happen? I don't want our friendship to change." Chloe said quickly.

Zach nodded his head in response. He was hoping she wouldn't say that. She didn't want their friendship to change which he assumed meant that she didn't like him as more than friends. He felt so stupid for kissing her. She just got out of a relationship and he forced that on her. Chloe couldn't figure out how she felt. She was starting to grow feelings for Zach and she was struggling to ignore them. She liked kissing him but she didn't want to ruin the relationship they already had.

"Can you drop me off at my house?" Chloe asked him.

Zach was confused because she always spent the night at his house but she probably felt awkward because of the kiss.

"Yea sure." He replied.

He dropped her off a her house. Chloe sighed as she walked inside. That was so awkward. Zach drove back to his house regretting the kiss and knowing he had just put a tint in their relationship.

"How was the date?" Jonah asked the younger boy as he entered the door.

"Well it was fine until I did something that messed everything up." Zach mumbled.

"What did you do?" Jonah asked him.

"I kissed her." Zach said as Jonahs mouth fell open.

"What did she say after?" Jonah asked him.

"She just said that we should like pretend it didn't happen so we don't ruin our friendship." Zach mumbled as he sat down.

"So she friend zoned you." Jonah said softly.

"Kinda." Zach said as he sounded disappointed.

"Did she kiss you back?" Jonah asked him.

"Yes and it wasn't like she looked disgusted after so I thought she liked it but apparently she didn't." Zach mumbled in response.

"She just got out of a relationship. She's probably confused about how she feels for you. Give her some time. Don't kiss her again unless she really wants it." Jonah said to him.

"Okay." Zach replied.

Zach's mind was replaying the moment when Chloe kissed him. He wanted to tell her how he felt but he couldn't.

____________________________
Jonah does give good advice 👌