Chapter 12- Secretly Happy

You're my devotion

CHAPTER 12

Ariana's POV

I leaned back thoroughly onto a rather plain chair, as my bones interacted with the ripe wood I winced, wow this place wasn't as posh everybody courted to be, now was it? The person I impatiently waited for, took way too long as the usual. Sighing, I slipped my iPhone out of my weary pocket stiffening up after a good 30 minute of texting. "Finally!" I cherished as a delightful peach of tone I had not accustomed to talk In startled me. "Awkward" I shook my head, while also biting my lip looking down. "Your just way too cute when you do that" the boy that managed to make me blush every single time smirked. "Shut up Zayn" I pouted as he lifted me off of my feet, things were going great. We had to lie about breaking up to Bryon, which sadly included the boys too. I was a horrible liar which made things more tough for me.

"So are we going now?" I sighed, it was hard to stay away from him for long periods, I didn't want to stay away from him. Why couldn't we just expose ourselves and tell everyone we love each other? Well because our career. "We're going to Wyoming today.. This means we need to ignore each other for a while, I'm sorry babe" he kissed me and we left after waiting till the paparazzi cleared.

"ARIIIIII!!" Louis' outstanding performance of shouting buzzed, making me dwell. "R.i.p ears" I winced , feeling relieved it was over. "Your lucky I love you" "I love you too beautiful" he winked skipping toward Niall who also waved at me. Liam also greeted whipping me with his hat?i whacked him back laughing. Zayn walked in blanking my emotions , I was sad knowing I couldn't just talk to him, I couldn't call him my boyfriend... Anymore. Not in front of the boys. Not noticing Harry stumble in, I sat down hiding my frown. "I see I get no more hi's little birdie" his adorable dimples exposed, he grinned at me. "Hi" I embraced him into a heart warming hug simply portraying the love I had for him. "Is that a blush creeping up from your cheeks" he gasped poking my sides, I mimicked him and did the same. "Ok no more" harry pouted placing me on his lap. "How's things... How are you holding up?" "Wouldn't you like to know?" I giggled pulling the conversation into sarcasm and laughter. "Now now, don't change the subject. It's a serious question, I care about you Ariana" I was now resting my head on his shoulder, carefully glaring at Zayn, he shot a stare of anger when I was with Harry, but I shrugged it off replying to him. "I guess it isn't easy.. He betrayed me Hazz"I stated, he thought for a second as he spoke "well first of all, nice nick name. Secondly, what did you guys talk about two days ago? I mean you looked horrible after you came back" froze. I froze looking back at Zayn and Harry. How could I answer, what could I say? What would even be believable? Without further thinking I blurted out. "Um, he told me he found someone else and just wasn't interested in me, lets not talk about this now" I smiled. He agreed and we chatter chatted for the rest of the afternoon.

HARRY'S POV

I mean, yeah sometimes just because you love that person they would seem more amazing to you than rest of all the other people roaming around. But Ariana? She was far from perfect, she was beyond perfect. She knew how to control herself, always making sure the people around her are happy, to the point she neglected herself. Now, this girl had told me about a guy who decided she wasn't good enough and possibly ran off to another chick. I was never expecting this, not from Zayn. He knew better than anything that Ari was pure gold. She had to be treasured and looked after, she was platinum, titanium, freaking the creator of oestrogen. Yeah I guess I don't really make sense when I'm sleepy and nervous over a girl sleeping on my shoulder. That's right, Ari had fallen asleep on my shoulder pushing my hormones into kickstart possibly ravishing my adrenaline which had also pumped In. Who would have known Harry Styles would feel nervous. Who would have known I would ever fall Inlove?

"So your telling me the plane has delayed and now we have to ride in a freakin tour bus for more than 10 hours?" I asked in an annoying tone to Bryon, feeling astonished at our luck. "Unfortunately" he replied in monotone over the phone. "Fine" closing my cell i told the rest of the band about this rather stupid misfortune. "Ugh, why do we have the worstest luck in the human history" Ariana covered her face pretending to act devastated. "Worstest? Thats not a word sweet-cheeks" "sweet cheeks? Thats not a word curly" she quickly back chatted. "We have a mischievous devil over here" louis sheepishly congratulated. "Can we please ride in silence" Zayn spoke, gobsmacking the all of us. We shut our mouths tight as I glanced at Ari, both of us who were exchanging confused looks. "What's up with him?" Liam muttered in between his thin lips which were now puckered. "First of all, you look ridiculous when you talk like that and I don't know, he's probably rethinking his rather horrible mistake" his head almost turned at an exact angle, I didn't know what made him shoot daggers, either his gravitational anger toward Zayn or my unneeded insult. "Don't you dare try a move on her Harry, she's pure" ok so none of them? "Look Liam, she means way more than a one night stand to me. I want her, I need her." Shaking his head he replied probably starting on his daily dose of lecture. "Look, after Nicole, I've never seen you smile this much, this real, but Ariana is just not the right girl Hazz. She loves someone else and if it matters, that person is your best mate, i can't let you do the same mistakes again" and with that he left. Was he right? Am I being the worst friend for secretly getting excited the two of them broke up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't the longest chapter but its makes you think. Is Ariana starting to get attracted? are lives becoming more stressful? are things coming to an end? will everything be over?

Lets see what Zayn is committed to, what Harry is relying on, what Ariana is brainstorming about, most importantly where Zariana stands.