Chapter Forty-Four: I Thought You Liked Cliche Romance Or Mushy Stuffs

Start from the beginning

I scoffed when someone yanked my hands and I turn around, coming face to face with Kai.

Seriously? Out of all people; him?

I groaned. "Have you seen..."

"No I haven't seen your hair flipping idiot of a girl friend. When I say girl friend, I mean a girl who's a friend. Isn't it cool?" He coughed the words out and I realized he was drunk as hell.

I sighed, wriggling my wrist out of his grasp. "Then what are you doing here?"

"I-"

And then it dawned to me.

He's drunk.

And I can take advantage of it.

I groaned inside my head. Okay. I just realized how wrong that sounded. 

I remembered the time when I forgot to mention that Kai was the person in our school that was similar to Gretchen. 

He was the one with all the information. He was the original. He knew everything, about everyone. I'm just referring to the fact that I can take advantage of his truthfulness since he's completely drunk now and won't remember anything the next morning. Got what meant? Good.

I take his hand in mine and screamed (the noises, remember?), "Hey Kai! Let's go outside!"

He slurred then giggled like a ninny. "Yep. It's hoooot here." He pronounced it like 'huuut'.

I nodded then dragged him out of crowds, bumps and my stupid feelings to finally outside, where I felt like someone has thrown me to Ice Age from the Big Bang. In a good way.

My eyes searched for a place where we can talk privately until I found one. Asher's place was huge to throw a party so it wasn't that much of a trouble to find somewhere behind it and thankfully, everybody was on the front yard and not here. Except for two guys, kissing the crap out of each other.

I ignored them like they did to us and sat on the grass, Kai in front of me. I pat the place beside me. "Sit."

He obeyed. "You don't talk to me that much. Why now? Well..." he laughed, ruffling his new haircut, "I don't mind. I kinda like hanging out with you. But don't worry. Not in a weird way. Just in a best friends little sister kind of way."

You're so gonna regret this in the morning, I thought. But out loud, I said, "Look, Kai. I'm gonna ask you something really important right now. And if you don't answer me honestly, I'll probably have to shoot you in front of them." I point my fingers at the two guys who were now starting to tug each others clothes.

His neck moved to the part where they were and came back on me, eyes drooped. "You don't have a license nor a gun. It's stupid to say that, Emily."

I sighed loudly. "You have to answer honestly, okay? Promise me that."

He giggled loudly and sang. "Promise me no promises, ooh na na, just be careful na na..."

"Kai, focus." I firmly stated, even though the song kept going round in my head. The original version, not the Kai version.

"Okay okay. What was that you wanted to ask?"

"Yes," I hesitated. "About it..."

I felt him frown at me. "What is it? Please don't confess your love for me when I'm whole ass drunk. I mean, I won't mind being your boyfriend but at least do it when I'm sober- OW!"

Kai looked at me with his eyes wide because he was pissing me off. He rubbed his arms and groaned. "That wasn't necessary. My arms will fall off if you keep doing that."