Greetings and Nicknames

A/N: Speaking of nicknames, my nickname in my friend group is Salmon... I still don't know why, but that's what most people refer to my by!

"Ok, Katsuki Bakugou. Your vitals are normal, your legs are healed, and your brain injury has settled. The only problem is your ribs. They were shattered, so I want you to avoid any fights or vigorous activity for the next two weeks. This means no using your quirk for anything besides simple actions." The doctor reprimands Katsuki.

Katsuki rolls his eyes. "Tsk, fine. But I don't make promises I can't keep, so I won't promise you, old bag." He mumbles. The doctor just laughs and nods his head.

"Samantha Sazuki." I turn to look at the doctor as he calls my name.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Thank you for watching Bakugou here. He can be a bit of a handful, but you seem to calm him. I appreciate your help." He gives me a warm smile, so I return him the same.

We both look at Katsuki who is now fuming at the ears with just a slight hint of pink on his cheeks.

So cute.

Wait, did I just call Katsuki cute? No, no. I would never...would I?

I shake my head from those embarrassing thoughts and focus back to Katsuki. "Come on Pomeranian. Let's get back to the dorms."

His eyes snap to mine and his cheeks grow red. "What did you just call me?" He says wide-eyed.

I giggle. "I called you Pomeranian cause you have spikey blond hair and anger problems." I quietly mumble as I give him an innocent smile.

He scoffs and gives me a threatening smirk as he walks out the door. Once again, I have that weird feeling that I can't describe. Maybe I got hit with a quirk and didn't notice...

-

"Hey Katsuki, what are you going to do when we get back to the dorms?" I ask taking a seat next to him on the bus.

He looks out the window. "Don't know. I was going to fight shitty-hair, but apparently I can't." He utters.

"Y'know, you could just sit down with everyone and hang for a bit. They were probably really worried for you." I place my hand on his shoulder. "And I know you don't want to hear this." I continue as he turns to look at me.

"But, Deku was worried, he even brought you flowers while you were out cold. Maybe you should thank him..." I say it quietly trying not to anger him even more.

His fists tighten together and his eyebrows scrunch. "I don't give a shit about that damned nerd...He wouldn't care about me anyway." His voice is now low, almost sad.

I give him a solemn look and nod. I can tell he's thinking something and its not happy. I know he says he hates deku, but I can tell he cares for him. He's just had a hard life.

His mom is very loud and can be verbally abusive at times. He hasn't hung around the best crowd, and he grew up being told that being strong and having more power is better than being happy. I know he's hurting, and I know I should talk to him about it, but I don't think this is the right time. He needs his space.

The rest of the bus ride was quiet, but it wasn't an awkward quiet. The silence was peaceful and nice, especially since its been such a hectic couple of months. The one thing I can't get out of my mind is...What are Bakugou and I? What's our relationship? I don't think we are dating. But he kissed me, and I kissed him back. We slept on the same bed for a while. He calls me lovey nicknames. So, what are we?