Chapter 10

Dylan'y POV 

I walked into the 21st percent, I saw Trudy at the desk, she said, "morning I will buzz you straight up," and I went morning and thanks Trudy.

Then up the stairs I walked into the bullpen where the intelligence unit where all there chatting away and Jay looked at up from his desk and went "whats up Texas?" and I say oh nothing much I was just in the area and I thought I could drop in and see you. He goes oh ok then, you sure there is nothing on your mind you want to talk about?

I am good jay, I just wanted to check in, I know you have been busy just wanted to make sure your good? He goes well that is nice of you and I am good thanks for asking? He looked at me and said whats going on?

Umm well there is another reason why I came by it was to tell you that mouse got caught out in gun fire over seas and he has been badly injured, and that its best for him to come home! I stood there not really knowing how jay would take it or any of them to be honest...

Jay was like he will be ok right? From what I know jay sounds like he will recover in no time, its just they are currently working on getting him back to the US. So he is coming to stay with me, once he is recovered enough not to be in the hospital, but he has asked to see you when he gets back.

Jay was like yeah I need to speak to him too I have been meaning too its just that fight and the way we left it was just not right I didn't quite know what to say to him you know Texas... oh I know about the fight you guys had but mouse totally understands your side and totally get why you weren't happy with him going back and serving again.

I have said it too you in the past, just because it's not the right thing for you to do doesn't mean it wasn't the wrong choice for him and from what I have heard he seems to be doing very well and he is enjoying being solider. He is part of the brotherhood, instead of just sitting behind a desk and watching his brothers and sisters go off and fight crime.  

I went I am sure he will love to see you all too, I mean of course he doesn't know Hailey but the rest of yous, but he should be back within the week. anyways I will let you guys get back to work, if that was what you guys where doing.

then i headed out, jumped into my car and headed home, as I got home I had my welcome party and we headed out for hike, I got me thinking more about my past and knowing how hard it is to recover from a bullet injury mentally more than physically, I have had my fair share of bullet holes in me and it can play on your mind. 

but then me and jay are here for mouse he has both of us to help get through this and not fall back to drugs to help deal with his PTSD, its a tough one but hopefully he is ok when he eventually wakes up. 

then i get a phone call, its an old friend of mine ;)

(phone call -  Marshall Bennett -  character from the film called Bennett's war)

Hey Bennett, how are you? longtime no talk?

he replied, hey Lieutenant, yeah i am good thanks just got home bound, hows Chicago life going for you?

Aww, captain thats great to hear your back on US soil, yea Chicago is a different way of life but really enjoying my job, plus its great being able to support Jay Halstead and what not.

oh and now mouse is coming home, due to medical care, got injured overseas but they are getting him back home so thats going to through a new battle at me to deal with.

he then went oh i see, sorry to hear about mouse's injury, but it will be good to have you and jay there to help him through. 

we ended up talking for hours, its great when you get those calls with your friends. got back home cooked tea and sorted the dogs and then went out to molly's for a beer and to see all my Chicago friends.