Chapter 7

(Jay's POV)

Its now been a couple months since Dylan has moved to Chicago and it has been ace fun, we go for a run most days with her dogs or we go out hiking. Dylan has trusted me with her dogs though which is pretty cool as me and Natalie took Owen her son and the dogs out for a day, to the local national reserve park.

Natalie went to me, its so sweet seeing Owen playing with the pack, and I put my arm around her and said yea they are great with him, and its great that Dylan trusts me enough to let them out of her sight, we both then laughed, spent the rest of day chilling out and playing tag. I know this could lead to me being a dad to Owen, its been a good for Natalie to see how I interact with him, he is her world and hopefully they become part of my world.

By the end of the day Owen was super tired from running around with the dogs so Natalie said that It was time to split I had to take the dogs back to Dylan's and she needed to get Owen back home for tea and then bed, so we kissed goodbye and went our separate ways.

As drove out to Dylan's Place I started smiling, I was really happy with how today had turned out then I reached her place, I got out and went to get the dogs out of their crates which where out on the bed of my pickup, they just waited until I gave them the order to jump down and they all went and sat at the front door.

I knocked on the door, it did not take long for Dylan to open the door she bent down and said to Diesel, Shadow and storm: "hey guys did you have a fun day?" as she patted each one of them and then she looked up at me and I laughed, wow you say hello to them before me? Haha, they where super Dylan thank you for letting us take them out for the day she said no problem I am glad you had fun with them.

She went hey you want to come in for a beer?, and I said back to her of course who would I be if I said no to a free beer! Hahaha. She then looked at me and said something is on that mind of yours?? You want to talk about it?

Then I looked at her and went how do you do that? You always know when something is up with me, umm yea I was thinking about Natalie and Owen, if this carries on going as good as it is then I could be like Owens dad/ farther figure and I just worried that I am not good enough for him with the trouble i could bring home with me like what if my PTSD plays up again and i may be come a danger to him or what if my job brings problems for us, you i dont want them to get hurt because of me Dylan....

I took another drink and looked at the floor when I heard Dylan voice, she was like wow Jay, stop over thinking about this! gee  you would make a amazing farther to Owen, you don't realize it yet but your really good with him, and he is super lucky to have you in his life, and if your mental health issue comes up then you have support from Natalie and i know for a fact you wouldn't hurt either one of them as you love them both. I know you did not have the best relationship with you dad, but Owen and you will be different trust me.

Now I know Owen is Natalie's world and I know you wan them both to part of yours and they will be cause Natalie has let you in to hers, stop worrying so much. Then I looked up and said thanks for that Texas, then we laughed.

then she said and don't worry cause I'm going to be Owens favorite aunt cause I have these three and then we looked at the dogs who where all past out fast sleep on their beds and she went wow you guys can take them anytime you want if this will be the end result. They where chasing Owen around the park... she went that does not surprise me, we carried on talking until we finished the beers.

then I said I need to go, and so she walked me to her front door and said, bye Bro and I turned around and said goodnight and goodbye little sis, see you at mollys tomorrow night? She replied with of course see you there.