chapter 34

Dylan's POV

Finally getting off shift, it had been a busy one too, but today I was getting to see Bob-lee again, I was happy that he is here and we going to spend the day hiking and chatting urgh I feel like I am in heaven and the rest of the firehouse could see it too, my mood has changed again, plus i started to think about how being around Bob-lee he seems to bring out my country girl side of me back to life and yes i really have missed living in the southern dirt.

As I reached home, I saw bob-lee sitting on my doorstep, I jumped out and "hey cowboy, how are you doing today?" he replied with "well this cowboy, is doing quite well for being out his comfort zone." And we both laughed a little and then I carried on "well then, you get use to this life pretty quick well at least I did for now, I mean I don't really see me living here for the rest of my life though." Then bob-lee said "so what your saying is that you would move back to the south eventually? But what about your life here? your friends?"

I turned around to him and said well I am not saying I am going anytime soon, but you cant keep a girl to far away from the south for too long, it doesn't end very well when you try, plus I only really came back to help Jay sort himself out and maybe sort my self out too, but yeah I know someday I will move back to homeland."

Anyways we carried on with the small talk as I was collecting my hunting gear, when there was a knock on the door, It was my neighbor she opened the door and the pack ran straight in. then I heard her say "Dylan you here?" and I walked out and too the front door, to greet her and to say thank you, had are little chats and then she left.

Then me and bob-lee where finally ready to go, the dogs were supper excited they were getting out on big walk and things, for me its lovely to spend time with someone who knows your skill set as well as you, I mean between me and bob-lee we were known for being elite when it came to sharp-shooting.

Me and bob-lee spent the whole day laughing and chatting and even some shooting which got highly competitive between us too, then by the end of the day we where back at my place which was when I suggested that we went out for a few drinks, of course bob-lee agreed and with that we headed out to mollys.

Jay's POV

I was sitting at mollys with Natalie just having a few drinks when I heard a voice that I knew only belonged to Dylan, then I looked up and saw she wasn't alone, that's when Natalie turned back to me and said "damn that's catch!, who is he? I am guessing its someone you know?" and before I had the chance to answer she came over and said, "Natalie Manning this is Bob-Lee and old friend of mine and of course you boys already know one another."

So then I said, "yeah you can never forget your Texas partner in crime Phoenix!" so I turned to him as Dylan went to ger some drinks from the bar, then "hey man, how are you ding these days? And are you still serving?"

Which Bob-lee replied, "yeah, yeah it's great to see you again Halstead, actually bumped into mouse over there, I did expect to see him back out there, but yeah I re-tired and came home for the last time, that last tour really messed me up but one foot in front of the other and I have been slowly getting my life back on track and getting use to being a civilian again but yeah, lives going alright for now."

So I said, "well man that's great to hear, yeah it easy coming back home I had a couple of rough months but hell I am here and finally got the badge so you know but yeah I still have my moments and so does Dylan, but yeah it can be challenge if you don't have the right people around you."

The rest of the night we spent swapping war stories and Natalie finding out a little more about me and my time as a ranger but it felt real good and I looked over and saw how happy Dylan was, I also started to think back to when her and Bob-lee become an item together and how much happiness they brought each other, they had something special and unique connection maybe it was because they where both Sharp shooters but their love was special and everyone was jealous of what they had.

Then we all left, Mollys went are separate ways but you could still hear our laughter, I mean I had been while since all had a good chat I mean even Ethan chipped in with some of his navy memories and stories its such a lovely evening filled with friends, stories, and chats but for the first time in a long time I saw Dylan smile like crazy she was very happy tonight since her boys left town I hadn't really seen that smile but now Bob-lee is in town that smile is back....

But that got me thinking about them and the plans they had for after or I mean when they left the service and how the both wanted to live in Texas on bob-lee's family ranch, have horses and grow old together, it's a timeless thought and maybe it's about time she gets her so-called fairytale ending and maybe she was right when she said there was only one man she would truly love and yeah she has had boyfriends and lovers but she did always say bob-lee was her forever man...

I mean I got my fairytale ending, I got a super-woman and I have an amazing stepson, who I love as if he was my own, I got a decent job one I love... yeah life for me is pretty good right now and I just hope Dylan can have this feeling of true happiness and love.