chapter 2

Dylan's POV

I walked into the bar and looked around and there he was, sitting with who I guess was his team-mates, they were trying to get him to open up, but it didn't look like it was working. 

I was walking through the crowd just I made it through he looked up and right at me and said "little Texas is that you?" and I replied " No its Mouse" and he smiled and laughed, got up and gave me a hug, and then slapped him around the head and he was like "hey what was that for?"

"oh that was for the fact I had to find out through mouse about what was going on with you!"

He went ahh so" he told you what's up then", I went "yeah he did and asked me to check on you because he is very worried about your mental health well we both are and when exactly did you start drinking?"

He was like "Dylan I'm not of the rails yet!", then i was like "are you sure Jay because you look like shit!" And I smiled and he went "you're a bitch Dylan",  "haha yeah I know that, but you still love me right?" And he went "of course and thanks for coming up here to check on me, I guess I could use a vent session." 

i went "well thats what friends are for and Jay i was only phone call away, but no i had come up here cause you couldn't pick the phone up!" he then said "i should of phoned along time ago, i am Sorry that i didn't keep in touch with you as much as i should of." I said well "we can blame the both of us for that." he then nodded in agreement.

Then his big brother coughed and said "baby bro you going to introduce us to the young friend here?." And I went "oh so you're the big brother? hahaha you really didn't lie about the ginger hair Jay" And Jay replied" nope I was telling you the truth about his red hair and of course you do already know his name but i would like you to meet Will."

then i piped up to say " well lets make this introduction real simple back and so i said "Will and everyone who is interested as i looked around the bar which had become very quiet in the space of the time i had entered the place my name is Dylan Jones, I was Lieutenant in the U.S Army, I served with Jay and with mouse.

 Then Jay stepped up and introduced me to his unit then his friends from the fire department and of course the Chicago MED crew. then everyone left me and jay to catch up as they went back to there own conversations.

Then Jay got me a beer and we went and sat at one of the booths and I then went "well at least you got enough support around here Jay", he went "yea there pretty good but not as good as you though", I looked at him then said "stop trying to suck up to me mister!" and gave him a smile.

Jay then said wait "you said you where the lieutenant, meaning you retired from active service? and now who's keeping secrets?". I went well oops... sorry yeah i have been out for like a year, then he asked, "how come you left, you lived for being in the air?"

"well I do but I felt like it's the right time for me to leave, I was in plane crash I was working with the medic team, and we went to save an army marine who got injured in a gun fight, the helicopter got brought down. I walked away with a broken shoulder, broke my right leg and couple of cuts and bruises all over the rest of my abdomen and body." 

Jay just looked at me and he brought me into his famous comfort hug and he kissed my head, then said "so you need me a just as much as I need you little sis" and all I did was nod back at him.