D-27: engaged

It was Sunday and his sister's birthday. The large room was filled with important people their parents had business with, and the he jazz-quartet in the corner of the room played Dave Brubeck's 'Unsquare Dance'. Chatter and laughter filled the stuffy air. The evening was close to reaching its climax, and everyone was intoxicated with liquor, so that the mood was close to vivid. When he saw his father's tall, eye-catching figure climbing the stairs to the podium, he knew time had come for the big announcement their parents had waited for so long.

After the band quieted down, their father greeted the guests with some pleasant words and then asked someone to join him on the podium. A short man with chestnut brown hair and breath-takingly pink, plump lips entered the stage. So, this was his future brother-in-law. Well, at least he was handsome. Hopefully, there were more qualities to be found, Jungkook thought, considering his sister's future.

Suddenly, the crowd started to clap and Jungkook scanned the room for Maei. Her expression had not changed one bit. A polite smile lingered on her lips, no sign of discomfort. Like he had thought, she understood. Or maybe their mother had warned her.

The two men left the stage, the music started to play again, and everyone went back to the conversations they had held before. Some went to congratulate the two newly engaged, who stood at a table with their mothers, the fathers discussing business in the background.

Jungkook examined the man talking to his sister. He was slightly taller than her but still smaller than Jungkook. The navy-blue tailored suite showed off his well-trained body and the dress pants hugged his thighs a little closer than they should, displaying his perfect ass. He definitely was handsome.

"So... you are my beloved sister's future husband?" he interrupted their conversation, "I'm Jungkook, but I guess you already know. I don't want to appear as rude, but I forgot your name again."

His sister was giving him a death-glare. Openly displayed rudeness was nothing she valued much. Jungkook knew, but he was kind of protective of his sister, and this guy had to prove himself trustworthy before he was allowed to call Maei his.

"The name is Park Jimin, heir of C-Group. I'm your hyung. Nice to meet you," his opponent answered nicely. His tone was calm, but it held a lower layer which confused Jungkook. Dangerous. His alarm bells started to ring when he took the smaller man's hand for a business shake.

"Nice to meet you, too," he murmured and left the two alone, hoping to clean his head on the balcony. What was it that made him think of Park as dangerous? If anything, he was cute, not intimidating.

When he opened the door, the cold night-air hit his hot skin, causing him to shiver slightly. Although it was the beginning of August, the nights were untypically cold. But today it was welcome, for it could wash off the stuffiness of the party hall. Feeling his drowsiness vanishing, he took the three steps down to the white marble floor, strolled over to the railing, and placed one hand on the handrail, enjoying the touch of the cold metal surface.

It was a perfect night. A perfect night to go clubbing with friends or for taking a trip to the mountains for stargazing. He should take out Maei for a proper birthday party. This stiff event with business partners was a must, but she should still have a celebration with her friends.

The sound of the balcony door clicking pulled him out of his thoughts of planning. Someone approached him with slow steps and came to stand next to him, their arms touching. Annoyed, Jungkook wanted to turn around and ask the intruder if they ever had heard of private space, but his words got stuck in his throat when he met eyes with the Park's son.

On the smaller man's lips rested a smug smile, and he let his gaze wander over Jungkook's body from head to toe when he started to speak. "Too bad I can't have the brother. Well, I'm a free man for one more month. Let's see what I can get."

And with that he turned around, leaving behind a speechless Jungkook to question his senses.

What the fuck did just happen?

>><<