His Happy Place

When he returned with the food, Katsuki saw Izuku absentmindedly losing himself among the overgrown shrubbery. Chuckling, he set the food down on the bench and cleared his throat to get the greenette's attention.

"Come get your katsudon before it gets cold. After this, I should probably head out."

Katsuki found himself not wanting to leave Izuku behind for a second. He wasn't one to get overly attached to people — ever — but something about Izuku's every move drew him in. He had things he needed to do for the day though and was already getting behind on his schoolwork seeing how none of this was how he planned his weekend to go.

"Want me to walk you back to your dorm room when we're done eating just in case you start feeling bad again?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

He made his way back to the bench next to Katsuki and took his takeout box. "You don't have to walk me back. I know you're busy. I will text you when I get back to my dorm, so you don't worry," the Omega offered. He knew that Katsuki must just be anxious considering the turn of events this morning. But he could handle a short walk back to his dorm without the Alpha – he's been doing it for a week before Katsuki stormed into his life, he can do it now as well.

"Thank you, though," he smiled sheepishly before tucking into his katsudon. The food instantly settled the nagging hunger pains in his stomach and a soft hum of satisfaction rumbled in the back of his throat.

"So — " he swallowed the bite of food in his mouth before asking, "do you have any siblings?" He realized he knew very little about the Alpha he was suddenly courting.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Katsuki calmly shook his head 'no' while tearing into his skewered chicken. He groaned at the rush of spice clearing his nasal passages, making his tongue tingle in delight. Perfectly seasoned.

He wasn't sure if he would've been able to handle siblings in his life so he was glad his parents didn't fuck enough for a second to come popping out.

"Nah," he muttered. "I'm an only child. Let's play a game while we eat. Rapid-fire questions. I ask one, you answer it, then I answer my own question so you know, too. Then we switch and repeat."

Katsuki's eyebrow rose a fraction of a hair at his suggestion. It was a fast way to beat around the bush and learn more about each other with each passing second. It would also help pass the time while they munched happily on their first meal for the day.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Izuku cocked an eyebrow and smirked, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Sure," he nodded. It wasn't a game he expected the Alpha to request. It seemed like an alternate version of twenty questions, but he was excited to learn more about Katsuki. It made sense to the Omega that the other was an only child – that only child syndrome that even Izuku had — attention-seeking and a little weird.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

He fucking smirked. Shit — Katsuki swore his heart just jumped out of his chest, beating rapidly. Izuku's damn freckles danced with the rising twitch in the cheeky fuckers face and his adorably cute eyes sparkled. No one could tell Katsuki otherwise — they were the world's rarest gem. They were focused purely on the Alpha, and maybe on his katsudon — but that was another matter.

"Hell yeah, that's the spirit, Freckles," Katsuki snarled while tearing off another strip of chicken with a fierce smirk. He loved when people rose up to his challenges. Especially when the other person was the Omega before him.