C l i p - 39

"Why do you look so good in oversized clothes yet when I wear it I lose half my height?" Namu pouted. 

Jeno was supposed to only drop her off at her apartment when hard rain poured from the sky. The harsh rain didn't show any signs of letting up so Namu decided to let Jeno stay until it was safe enough for the manager to pick him up.

"It's all in the proportions." Jeno grinned. He let the towel drape around his neck as he threw his clothes into the dryer. "The only oversized clothes you look good in-"

"-are yours. Yes, I've memorized your line." Namu finished for him. "Can you get me the salt?"

"What do you need salt for when you're the salt?" He complied with her request and placed the container on the counter near the stove. He softly bit her shoulder before planting a soft kiss and resting his chin. "Smells great."

"After that sudden shower we deserve some soup to warm up." 

He nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, tickling her slightly. "I deserve a kiss too." 

"Should I boil you too?" Namu jokingly wondered as she ominously stirred the chicken noodle soup.  She took the bowls Jeno prepared and served them both a portion. "Go take a seat at the table."

"Yes Ma'am." The boy mumbled, quickly retreating to the dining area. He watched with anticipation as she placed the bowls on the table.

"I'm sorry if this is all I have to serve. I was supposed to buy my groceries tomorrow." She apologized. He kicked the chair out enough for her to sit right away.

"Chicken noodle soup and sprite isn't that bad." Jeno assured, picking up his spoon. He took a spoonful of soup into his mouth, humming in approval. "You've improved so much. It was like yesterday I was eating your salty lunchbox." 

"I will revoke you of your right to breathe." She threatened.

"Exactly. It's because you take my breath away." He cheekily added.

"Yuck." Namu jokingly gagged. 

"I know you like it." Jeno teased, making the girl roll her eyes. "Do you want to order some dessert?"

"I'd like to take your offer, but with this weather I'd feel bad for the delivery man." Namu declined, looking out the window. "How about we make waffles after this? Jisung gave me a waffle maker."

Jeno paused, raising a brow at her. "He gave you a what now?"

"He said something about it smoking but it's perfectly fine. Free waffle maker for me I guess?" Namu shrugged. "I mean I tried to teach him how to use it but he said he can't resonate with it."

The boy only nodded, finishing up his meal and getting up to grab a second serving. He knew she was hiding something that was bothering her, but didn't want to press on the subject. 

"Is it fun? Being an idol I mean." Namu asked. 

"There are the ups and downs, but if you ask me... you can say I'm having fun most of the time." Jeno hesitantly answered. 

"Most of the time?"

"Sometimes, I wish I could wake up to be a normal person. Eat my mom's homemade breakfast, go to college, go out with my friends, have a girlfriend, have privacy." He elaborated. "I think privacy is what I miss the most."

Namu stayed quiet as the air had grown heavy at his confession. She could understand him to a certain point. Unlike her, he must have experience more scary encounters with 'fans.' 

"It's only a matter of time before someone finds out about this. Us. And until then, I'll continue to protect you from prying eyes. They don't get a say in my personal life." Jeno assured with a small smile. "Why did you ask all of a sudden?" 

"You know how I'm turning 18 next year? The company reminded me of the contract and still offered the trainee contract. I haven't consulted anyone yet and I just don't know what to do." Namu admitted. 

She was honestly stuck. The longer she held onto the thought, the more she wanted to give it a try. She loved dancing and she could sing a little, but would it be enough for her to survive in the industry?

Would talent be enough? Would she be enough?

She let out a squeak of surprise when Jeno flicked her forehead. He patted her head after with a smile, but this only pissed the girl off more. 

"Do you know how precious this half braincell is? What am I supposed to tell Jisung if I lose it?" Namu pouted, leaning away from his touch. 

"Thinking doesn't suit you." Jeno laughed. 

"Bitch?" Namu blinked, grabbing the fork. 

"I mean, overthinking. You're usually impulsive and don't think things through. Seeing you like this is so weird." Jeno clarified. "What's holding you back? I'm pretty sure you'd do well as an idol."

"I don't think I'm strong enough mentally and emotionally. I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice much more than I'm sacrificing now. I like what I have now, but would I regret no taking up the offer?" Namu answered. "Am I ready to go against my father?"

"Advice or comfort?" Jeno offered. "I don't know which you want to hear and I don't want to assume anything so I'll let you choose."

"I choose this." Namu got up, walking around the table to sit on his lap. She nuzzled her face into his chest, taking in the scent of his cologne. "I just want to be held. I just need the support of your presence."

Jeno hesitantly put his arms around her. He hummed softly, running a soothing hand through her damp hair. "No matter your decision, you should be the one happy in the end. Don't let anyone influence you because you know what's best for you." 

"You know, we probably look so gross right now."

"I think we look cute." Jeno disagreed. "Physical touch is more of my love language."

"I always thought you were an acts of service guy." She mused. 

"Julie!" Johnny's voice boomed in the quiet apartment. The two nearly fell off the chair in panic as they scrambled to get off each other. 

"He's going to murder me if he finds out you're here. Other members besides Jisung and Taeyong aren't allowed to be here!" Namu shouted in a whisper. "Get in the cabinet!" 

"If you haven't noticed, I'm tall!" Jeno pointed to himself and then to the cabinet. "How am I supposed to fit in there?"

"The closet!" She didn't waste any time to pull him down the hall and push him inside. 

"Youngho! Don't you know how to ring the doorbell?" Namu scowled, trying to calm her nervous heart. She picked up the basket Jeno might have knocked over in the rush. "I just folded these."

"I mean, I have the spare key and I pay for half the rent here so I think I can waltz right in." Johnny shrugged. "And I can help you fold those."

"What if I just got out of the shower?" She reasoned.

"Good point. I apologize." Johnny nodded. He removed his wet sweater and placed it on a drying rack. "Did you have company? It seems you just finished a meal with someone."

"Ah that... Taeyong and I ran into each other on my way home from school and he offered to give me a ride. I needed to repay his kindness somehow..." Namu lied. 

"Is that so?" Johnny hummed, taking a seat on the couch. He pulled his phone out and said nothing more, making the girl relieved. 

"Do you want something to eat?" Namu asked.

"You know, if you're gonna lie to me you should make sure that your accomplices say the same thing." Johnny sighed. "Jinae said you were with Renjun. Renjun said you were with Jaemin, Jaemin said you were with Jisung, Jisung said you were with Donghyuck, and Donghyuck said you were with Jinae."

Like a deer caught in headlights, Namu could only stand frozen before her brother. He looked behind her at the closet down the hall.

"Jeno, come out."

A/N

ah yes, the accomplices have failed her