Behind the Clip

Behind the Scenes through Chapter 31-33

"So why are we here?" Lucas asked, crossing his arms. Somehow, they had gotten the extra key to Namu's apartment from Johnny with Doyoung's help.

"While ChenJi distract Namu with their date, we need to make sure that she has a reason to go to the Dream dorm after Jeno talks to Mark so that they can finally make up." Jaemin answered, looking around. 

"So you want me to leave my baby Louis here to make scratching noises? Are you taking my child for granted?" Ten huffed, petting the sleeping cat. 

"What the hell?" Donghyuck gasped.

"What? What did you find?" They asked, gathering around. 

"She had my baseball cap all this time?" The boy whined, picking up the black cap.

"I mean, it's fair since you haven't returned her bucket hat and headband." Lucas reminded. Donghyuck just shrugged and went back to keeping watch. 

"Guys, I have a suggestion." Renjun said. "What if we leave a cockroach in her bathroom?"

"And where are we supposed to get a cockroach genius?" Donghyuck questioned. 

"Give me a moment. You guys secure the bathroom so that it doesn't escape through any whole or drain." He walked out of the apartment, leaving the dirty work to his friends. 

"Let's just put tape over the drains." Lucas said, taking the scotch tape from the drawer. They finished putting tape over the drains and on the crack of the door by the time Renjun had returned. 

"Out of my way!" Renjun shouted, speed walking towards the bathroom. "I said move!"

"By Taemin!" Ten added, moving out of his way. "Oh my fucking-"

"Does that thing fly?!"

"LEE DONGHYUCK MOVE YOUR FAT ASS!" 

"HUANG RENJUN WHAT THE FUCK!?" 

Renjun pushed Donghyuck out of the way and reached the bathroom just in time. He immediately closed the door and let out the longest sigh of his life.   

"He touched ugh! Alcohol! Alcohol!" Donghyuck cried, going straight to Namu's cleaning supplies. He put alcohol on his arm as he glared at Renjun.

"Where the hell did you get the cockroach?" Yukhei asked, keeping his distance from the tired boy.

Renjun went to wash his hands with a lot of soap. "I found one at the dorm and just grabbed it."

"I got goosebumps wow." Jaemin mumbled, rubbing his arms.

"Guys, they're on their way home quick!" Ten panicked.

💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Everything was in place. 

Instead of leaving Louis in the closet they decided just to tape a speaker under the ledge of her window to play scratching sounds.

Donghyuck secured the 127 dorm so Namu couldn't take refuge there and Jisung had been told not to let Namu into his and Jaemin's room. 

As it was late, they decided to set checkpoints to make sure she arrived safely to the Dream dorm. Ten was stationed in front of her building, Lucas at the intersection, Renjun in front of their dorm building, and Jaemin at the hallway of their dorm. 

"The sapling has left the building. Over." Ten whispered into the phone. He watched her disappear towards Lucas' station and waited for Lucas' update. 

"The sapling has crossed the street safely. On her way to Renjun. Over." Lucas informed, following her until she rounded the corner. 

"The sapling has entered the building. Over." Renjun added moments later. 

A couple of minutes pass and Donghyuck joined the call. "Sapling has left the 5th floor. Jaemin checkpoint standby. Over." 

Jaemin hid behind the plant, keeping himself as low as he can go. He could hear her footsteps over the soft rain come closer to the door. A couple of knocks were heard along with muffled shouts.

 "I said there's no one—"

"Are you drunk?"

The sound of the door closing was like music to Jaemin's ears. He got up, heading towards WayV's dorm where they would be crashing for the night.

"This is the final checkpoint. The sapling has reached her destination. Over."

And now we wait.

A/N

Just a little background on how the five wingmen planned their meeting ft Doyoung